Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Schmole Buckle.

Article about: Please find attached of a trio of Luftwaffe buckles with 2 from Schmole & Co of Menden. Apologies for the rather blurred pictures but I could not find my camera and used an i pad instead

Default Schmole Buckle.

Please find attached of a trio of Luftwaffe buckles with 2 from Schmole & Co of Menden.Schmole Buckle.Schmole Buckle.
    Apologies for the rather blurred pictures but I could not find my camera and used an i pad instead.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schmole Buckle.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Schmole Buckle.

Got any pics of the rear?
    Ben

Ben,

I will do a follow up to this thread when I find my camera, as I hope to get in more detail.
    I also have another Schmole buckle and belt where the catch is marked with the fir tree logo. It is not in the best condition (used but still nice) but I have no idea where I put it, only that it is not with the rest of my belts.

The bottom buckle in the trio is unmarked but I have no qualms re originality.

I just wanted to see the rear, they are nice original buckles, I just like the big ears by this maker
    Ben

?

Schmole has some interesting buckles. Their Luftwaffe buckles have an almost smooth feild around the eagle. I also have a couple a Heer buckles. I thought chrome plated heer was post war but I have come across several other plated Schmol heer buckles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schmole Buckle.   Schmole Buckle.  

Schmole Buckle.   Schmole Buckle.  

Schmole Buckle.   Schmole Buckle.  

Great buckles. What I like with the schmolle lufty buckles is that this maker did not pebble the inside of the wreath around the eagle: the only maker to do that. There is also a fat swastika!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Rob

Many thanks to all who contributed to this thread, particularly, "Kirby" who's photo skills are much better than mine.
    I have had an original nickel plated (not chrome) Luft buckle too and I regret that I sold it.Although the buckle was a Parade buckle, this had later been overpainted in Luftwaffe blue paint that had again worn off back to the original finish.

Bochmann.