Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1970 Volkspolizei Visor

Article about: A new recent purchase of mine. A 1970 dated size 55 volkspolizei visor. Got this one off of ebay for a pretty good price. Felt great to get another example of these visors since i already ha

?

Default 1970 Volkspolizei Visor

A new recent purchase of mine. A 1970 dated size 55 volkspolizei visor. Got this one off of ebay for a pretty good price. Felt great to get another example of these visors since i already have a 1972 dated one.

I really like the colour scheme of these polizei visors. Unfortunately my example must of got squished at one point since it seems a bit short height wise, not sure if due to being size 55 but it stills displays pretty well. To add extra information the newspaper stuffed inside, i checked was dated November 4 1970.

The 1970 sweatband is a brown colour in contrast to the 1972 visor which has a Grey sweatband. I wonder what colour the 1971 visor sweatband is.... The cockade is also much darker, could be patina but the oak crest still seems pretty mint. For these two points i have also included my 1972 example just to show the differences.

Enjoy

1970 Volkspolizei Visor1970 Volkspolizei Visor1970 Volkspolizei Visor1970 Volkspolizei Visor1970 Volkspolizei Visor1970 Volkspolizei Visor1970 Volkspolizei Visor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1970 Volkspolizei Visor
    P
    Many

RMD
    ?

Congratulations on the new addition to the collection!

.. I wonder if it got squished, or if they just were a bit lower that year? Either way, this visor is frigg'en beautiful

A very nice addition to your collection.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Thank you RMD. I do think it is down to mishandling rather than a specific variation. East Germans were quite standardised in terms of their products. Unlike the third reich Germans with tons of variations for specific visors.

RMD
    ?

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Thank you RMD. I do think it is down to mishandling rather than a specific variation. East Germans were quite standardised in terms of their products. Unlike the third reich Germans with tons of variations for specific visors.
    ... Yes, very true.. Makes sense.

Very nice JB and nice to see one similar to mine.
    By seeing yours it looks like these earlier caps do have a lower profile comparing to the latter one's.
    Note these earlier types have the two piece cockade.
    Here's mine for comparison.

?

Ah forgot about the two piece cockade. Thanks Rene that resolves my concern over the colour differences. Thanks for sharing your visor. Next on my DDR list might be to get an even earlier example like your one now!

Another difference I just noticed between my one and yours Rene and my 1972 one is the vent holes are black on the 1970. But your 1968 and my 1972 have green vent holes

Another odd variation...

Hunt down one of these too, this one gives me lots of pleasure
    Between us all we need is a '71!!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 05-19-2019 at 01:33 AM.

Ahh I just see this one is '71!! whoopsy & sorry, so we need a '69! Z

?

Update. Just ordered a 1971 dated example off of ebay!

So now i have 1970/71/72
    Will be great to compare these.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast