Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Book on DDR Uniforms/Headgear: " UNIFORMEN der DVP - HVA - DGP - FEUERWEHR 1945-57 "

Article about: Unfortunately, it is in all German, but has anyone purchased a copy? If so, comments/reviews?

Default Book on DDR Uniforms/Headgear: " UNIFORMEN der DVP - HVA - DGP - FEUERWEHR 1945-57 "

Unfortunately, it is in all German, but has anyone purchased a copy?

If so, comments/reviews?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Book on DDR Uniforms/Headgear: " UNIFORMEN der DVP - HVA - DGP - FEUERWEHR 1945-57 "   Book on DDR Uniforms/Headgear: " UNIFORMEN der DVP - HVA - DGP - FEUERWEHR 1945-57 "  

Book on DDR Uniforms/Headgear: " UNIFORMEN der DVP - HVA - DGP - FEUERWEHR 1945-57 "   Book on DDR Uniforms/Headgear: " UNIFORMEN der DVP - HVA - DGP - FEUERWEHR 1945-57 "  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Book on DDR Uniforms/Headgear: " UNIFORMEN der DVP - HVA - DGP - FEUERWEHR 1945-57 "
    P
    Many

I have bought a copy and, I must say, I'm very pleased with it! Lots and lots of detailed pictures, a big heap of information and finally some insight into this chaotic period (at least, that's how I saw it)!

No I haven't but think I likely will.

The title suggests this is one of at least two books and this one does not include the NVA. Do you have any more details?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

True, this first book is a try-out, so to say, to see if it catches on. If it does, there's some more subjects to follow, each covering another book. Quoted and translated from the author's website:

-KVP (including DGP, VP-See)
    -MdI, 1954-1990
    -EM/NCO of the NVA, 1956-1990 (LaSK, LuSK, Grenztruppen)
    -Officers of the NVA, 1956-1990 (LaSK, LuSK, Grenztruppen)
    -Generals of the NVA
    -Volksmarine