Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DDR Armbinde

Article about: I've been meaning to photograph these armbands for a while, and I finally got around to it today. None of them are anything exceptional, although one of them just might be an early pattern p

Default DDR Armbinde

I've been meaning to photograph these armbands for a while, and I finally got around to it today. None of them are anything exceptional, although one of them just might be an early pattern produced before the DDR started to print them. Maybe someone who knows a lot more than I do (that's not too difficult) may be able to put me right. The first picture is an overview of most of the armbands. Working from top left, they are as follows... 'Gehilfe Offiziers vom Dienst… Diensthabender vom Park Polizei... Regulierer… Unteroffizier vom Dienst… Gehilfe Unteroffizier vom Dienst...Sanitater vom Dienst… Operativ Diensthabender… The rest are rather self explanatory.

DDR Armbinde

The UvD armband is rather interesting, as the letters are machine stitched from silver 'tresse'. Perhaps a unit made piece, or maybe an early example?

DDR ArmbindeDDR ArmbindeDDR ArmbindeDDR ArmbindeDDR ArmbindeDDR Armbinde

Th GUvD is a bit different in that the 'G' is an additional letter machine stitched on to the armband which was originally an 'UvD'. The ODH armband still has its makers tag attached. Granted its nowhere near as exciting as your average 'RZM' tag from 30 or so years previous, but still nice to have.

DDR ArmbindeDDR Armbinde

The Grenztruppen 'Zugfuhrer' armband with two lines of tresse is also a bit different from your run of the mill armbands...

DDR ArmbindeDDR Armbinde

and lastly an armband not shown above, and its a modern fake! rear images first, fake at top and original below...

DDR ArmbindeDDR Armbinde

First image shows original above the fake, second shows the two together with the original on the right, and the last two images show the difference in the lettering, the fake having poor quality stitching... both arms of the 'H' joined together, and the 'L' & 'F' joined together. Click on all images (twice) to enlarge...

DDR ArmbindeDDR ArmbindeDDR ArmbindeDDR Armbinde

Cheers,
    Steve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DDR Armbinde
    P
    Many

Beautifully presented. Thank you.

?

Nice grouping of armbands Steve! The Grenztruppen armband is the prettiest one in my opinion.
    And thank you for posting the fake next to the original Helfer der VP armband, a good thing to see the differences between the two

Regards, Rik

Quote by Dschop View Post
    Nice grouping of armbands Steve! The Grenztruppen armband is the prettiest one in my opinion.
    And thank you for posting the fake next to the original Helfer der VP armband, a good thing to see the differences between the two

Regards, Rik
    I have to agree with you about the Grenztruppen armband, although purely from a collecting point of view, the UvD armband is probably the most interesting. It is the only one of its type that I have seen before.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I have to agree with you about the Grenztruppen armband, although purely from a collecting point of view, the UvD armband is probably the most interesting. It is the only one of its type that I have seen before.

Cheers,
    Steve
    You are right about the UvD armband. Didn't take the time for a good look the first time looking at the grouping.
    It is interesting and also a first for me. I am wondering if anyone could shed some light on it.

Edit: You see it also has the red strings instead of the leather straps?

Yes, but some are elasticated at the back, and others are just stitched.

?

Very nice mate. Thanks for putting up the fake one. Will make good reference for the future that’s for sure!

RMD
    ?

Hey there, Harry The Mole.

... Man, that is an impressive collection! Very cool. I haven't seen many of these before.

Thanks' for posting the images.

I find it interesting how similar the construction of the GUvD & ODH armbands are to an early NSDAP band. German engineering

Take care.

DDR Armbinde

Quote by RMD View Post
    Hey there, Harry The Mole.

... Man, that is an impressive collection! Very cool. I haven't seen many of these before.

Thanks' for posting the images.

I find it interesting how similar the construction of the GUvD & ODH armbands are to an early NSDAP band. German engineering

Take care.
    Thanks for your comments, and the similarities in construction are certainly there!

Cheers,
    Steve

Many thanks for sharing these Harry, unbelievable that they fake this stuff, even when originals usually don't cost more than 10€...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast