Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

DDR Collection

Article about: G'Day All, Figured to start my own thread on this subject Here's lots of shots from my junk pile! ahh this is a refreshing area to collect, totally stress free plus I can play with it all wi

well you've certainly crammed a lifetimes work in there very nicely Ren'e..............

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DDR Collection
    P
    Many

Pretty stoked about this one 77 dated Para helmet (made when I was in kindergarden) - I'm still trying to work out how the two nets attatch!?!

not sure if this is right? but it's how I figure it! correct me if this is incorrect please

Not DDR but my German Mate sent the para helmet in this C ration box. I nearly burnt it off

New one '81 date parade jobby to go with the plastic helmets

nice one rene' we are like ships in the night ,when i post you are in bed or maybe perhaps you are like me and hang upsidedown from the rafters lost boys style im no expert on these para lids but im sure ive seen a rolled netting look on polish helmets not east german but perhaps our comrades within the warsaw pact have adopted the same configuration and of course the helmet is made in poland too ,what is the shell made of ?is it fibre or steel ,im wondering if the smaller gauge netting is used as a kind of sniper veil anyway keep up the great work mate
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    nice one rene' we are like ships in the night ,when i post you are in bed or maybe perhaps you are like me and hang upsidedown from the rafters lost boys style im no expert on these para lids but im sure ive seen a rolled netting look on polish helmets not east german but perhaps our comrades within the warsaw pact have adopted the same configuration and of course the helmet is made in poland too ,what is the shell made of ?is it fibre or steel ,im wondering if the smaller gauge netting is used as a kind of sniper veil anyway keep up the great work mate
    Cheers Buddy It took me a bit to realize the steel helmet is Polish made, but that's no problem as these where issued. The net is DDR made but the veil is most likely Polish. Yep ships in the night alright!!! I'm getting over a hokey 12hr shift I had to do for my work!!!!!!! Cheers again Mate
    Have a Para jacket inbound at the mo!

East meets West

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Pretty stoked about this one 77 dated Para helmet (made when I was in kindergarden) - I'm still trying to work out how the two nets attatch!?!
    I've just learnt that this is a W63 Polish here's a link I found Four Bees: Polish - DDR- NVA W-63 Paratroop Helmet

thanks for passing on your latest research rene' great link to a great blog ive followed this site for a while and i believe mark is a forum member here, i found the special police pictures very interesting ,more like an east german version of gsg9 ,now where can you find one of them strichtarn covers for your w63 that would be uber
    Regards James

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast