Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

DDR Collection

Article about: G'Day All, Figured to start my own thread on this subject Here's lots of shots from my junk pile! ahh this is a refreshing area to collect, totally stress free plus I can play with it all wi

Three different colour variations to the rain pattern (two new acquired bottles left two) Center one is the earliest at my guess.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DDR Collection
    P
    Many

nice one rene' and great line up ill have to look over my bottle to see if i can work out its vintage does yours still have the packing paper in the cup like mine ? cheers james

Cheers James naa no paper like yours

Quote by Will Junior View Post
    The assumption (made by a person formerly in the DDR military) is the badge seen above the pocket is a 'Diensthundefuehrerabzeichen', 'dog handler' group. If anyone on the forum can confirm the claim, please let me know.
    As Rene already stated, this is not actually so. There is such a thing as a "Hundeführer"-badge, but it was worn over the right breast pocket and clearly shows a dogs head. The badges are indeed (right to left) two police service badges (for like 5 and 10 years of service) and the one on the left is the badge for "Loyal service in the Kasernierte Volkspolizei". A very important detail: the KVP where the wearer has earned the medal was the 1952-1956 Kasernierte Volkspolizei (which later turned into the NVA), NOT the later Bereitschaftspolizei (also officially called the KVP). Seems he has been in service for quite some time.

This uniform is not for the ordinary police and the green color of the collar tabs and shoulder boards provides the clue. The two chevrons on the sleeve signify the bearer signed up to be a professional, long-term NCO.
    True! The Bereitschaftspolizei wore light green collar tabs, shoulder boards and (as in this case) cuff bars. There are more ways to spot the difference. The BePo used an overall military style in it's clothing (as did the Kasernierte Einheiten der Transportpolizei). The BePo uses cuff bars for parades and so on, the VoPo did not. The BePo can be seen with (as in this case) a chevron on the right sleeve - with the VoPo, these were worn on the left.

What you have here is a very nice set! 1970 would be correct for the jacket also, as during the 1970's (I believe even the early 70's, though not entirely sure) they stopped making these jackets out of wooly materials and switched to officer-quality uniforms for all ranks.

Rene' i recently found this picture of our time in berlin ,which got me rummaging through my junk pile to find a few east german cars i brought back to the uk one is a trabi and the other a wartburg 1000 with a private plate the DDR museum was superb and if i find my pen drive ill share some other pictures i took but didn't show at the time ,you would love a visit there mate DDR CollectionDDR CollectionDDR CollectionDDR CollectionDDR CollectionDDR Collection

Quote by James C View Post
    Rene' i recently found this picture of our time in berlin ,which got me rummaging through my junk pile to find a few east german cars i brought back to the uk one is a trabi and the other a wartburg 1000 with a private plate the DDR museum was superb and if i find my pen drive ill share some other pictures i took but didn't show at the time ,you would love a visit there mate DDR CollectionDDR CollectionDDR CollectionDDR CollectionDDR CollectionDDR Collection
    Ahh Fantastic James love em (for some reason I wasn't alerted)

New lot 70's winter set that fits watch out as this type of liner rayon is used to replicate kraut WW2

I like the winter kit. There was some in a charity shop in Chemnitz when I visited 3 years ago. I resisted buying them, as I knew where it would lead! I don't have room to start a new collecting line.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Tell me about it!!! Bugger it's really killed space!!!!!!

no worries Rene'

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast