Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

DDR Collection

Article about: G'Day All, Figured to start my own thread on this subject Here's lots of shots from my junk pile! ahh this is a refreshing area to collect, totally stress free plus I can play with it all wi

New, my third potato patt zelt and a dulux model OR parade belt and buckle 60's period
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-09-2015 at 08:43 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DDR Collection
    P
    Many

Hi Renè!

Great to see that belt!
    I am looking for ages for this kind of belt ...it is the only variation I am missing among the belts!

What size did you manage to find? Does it have a "good" length? (i.e. 100 or more centimetres)

Cheers,

Alex

Quote by comune1aclasse View Post
    Hi Renè!

Great to see that belt!
    I am looking for ages for this kind of belt ...it is the only variation I am missing among the belts!

What size did you manage to find? Does it have a "good" length? (i.e. 100 or more centimetres)

Cheers,

Alex
    G'day Alex
    It's a 90cm and good enough for my mannequins, I'd love to see your belt variations?

Hi René,

I took pictures of the variations of the uniform belt for enlisted men and NCOs, that I have in my collection.
    I will start with the buckles. We can notice the difference of the pebbling...thicker and thinner. Also the spikes are of three different kinds.
    You can also notice the difference of construction of the closing hook.

-sewn on
    -riveted

When the closing system changed from buckle/loop-belt/hook to buckle/hook-belt/loop the loop was always riveted to the leather of the belt. These loops can also be found painted in black.

Further on I would like to show you a belt which is not properly military..but I think it is worth to be shown here.
    It is a belt for civiian use and it is interesting how it is made. First of all the leather quality is not as good as the quality used for military belts and second it is tanned black also on the reverse. The stamp reveals us that theese belts costed 5,90 Mark.
    Civilian belts came with a plain pebbled buckle... the one I pictured does not belong to that belt (obviously)

Last but not least a very particular, controversial and discussed belt.... These belts showed up some 15 years ago in huge quantity and nobody knows precise information about them.
    It is made of the same nylon canvas of the grey field belts. Same webbing, same thickness, same everything....but made in black!!
    This belt has already widely been discussed on other forum and somebody says these were used by the Berufsfeuerwehr (Fire Department), other say they were part of the new uniform regulation which was planned for the 1990s and were meant to replace the leather belt....
    So basically as the UTV gear....produced but never really issued....

Cheers,

Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DDR Collection   DDR Collection  

DDR Collection   DDR Collection  

DDR Collection  

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DDR Collection   DDR Collection  

DDR Collection  
    Attached Images Attached Images DDR Collection  DDR Collection  DDR Collection 

Sorry for the pictures in this last post....they do not follow the right order as I wanted to have them displayed.....

DDR Collection  
    Attached Images Attached Images DDR Collection  DDR Collection 

Gee Wiz Alex, a superb reference Thank You Most Kindly for your time and effort!!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    New for today - 85 dated para OR jacket and a pair of blank dog tags
    Xmas pressy from the Wifey (Well?!?) completed the OR para set

That looks cool!!

....thanks for showing!

Cheers,

Alex

nice belt rene' and nice pressie from the missus how to tell if its 1960's issue mate

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast