Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

DDR Collection

Article about: G'Day All, Figured to start my own thread on this subject Here's lots of shots from my junk pile! ahh this is a refreshing area to collect, totally stress free plus I can play with it all wi

thats an interesting comparison rene' i now see what you mean about the heart shape ,ill check mine out but am sure is circular ,you learn something new everyday

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DDR Collection
    P
    Many

Hi,

we do not have to forget also the first type of canvas Y-straps.
    In their original issue they sport hooks on the straps for the attachment of the Backpack 1st model.
    These Y-straps are made exactly as the former leather ones which are nothing else than a fair copy of the Wehrmacht type...

You can see in the pictures that I posted that the second Y-straps are the same model as the first one depicted, only the modification on the straps makes them peculiar. As a matter of fact the big "D" rings are nothing more than the "D" rings which were fitted on the backpack 1st model.
    These modification was necessary to accomodate the backpack 2nd model for which the Y-straps with the heart shape, that René showed us, have been developed.

Cheers,

Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DDR Collection   DDR Collection  

DDR Collection   DDR Collection  

DDR Collection   DDR Collection  

Thank You Most Kindly Alex for contributing and helping so far the tiny community of DDR collectors here on this site. For me especially it's still a learning curb! I'm pretty well done on the WW2 side of things (other than the odd trickled in item) and will on go the DDR collecting.
    Happy New Year Mate!

bud
    ?

Hey Rene. Beret looks great. Good find.

Cheers bud I'm stoked

Dressed up a officers summer shirt with STASI boards

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Dressed up a officers summer shirt with STASI boards
    Hi Rene,

Those short sleeved jack shirts are fantasy items...I believe they were made by someone who had a pile of NVA surplus after the fall of the DDR and was trying to create something a bit more fashionable...I'd save the boards for something better.

(I also have one but in my case only because I think that they look quite striking with short sleeves )

Cheers,

Dressed up! and done

@Jonathan Wenberg:

NO. Those short sleeve shirts are not fantasy. Those shirts were issued in the MdI police forces.

@René: for NVA these shirts are not ok!.....try to check the stamp of the shirt....it must be stamped "MdI"

Alex

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast