Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

DDR FDJ JP banner.

Article about: Over the past few months I have been scouring eBay de for some more NVA-related bargains, and one of the items I came across is a finely embroidered fanfare banner named to the Merseburg 'Fa

Default DDR FDJ JP banner.

Over the past few months I have been scouring 'eBay de' for some more NVA-related bargains, and one of the items I came across is a finely embroidered fanfare banner named to the Merseburg 'Fanfarenzug.' Measuring approximately 41 cm X 41cm - not including the fringe, it is made up from three separate pieces of a satin-like material. Both the FDJ and JP logo's are finely embroidered, and on the opposite side there is also a finely executed cameo of Artur Becker - one of the 96 martyrs who were murdered by the Nazi regime between 1933 and 1945. Positioned outside the Reichstag is a memorial to those murdered - or died in suspicious circumstances. Made up from 96 cast-iron plates, each one bears the name of the victims. Some of these flags carry silly prices, but this was comparatively cheap. And shortly after I purchased it the seller was selling another... and when that went... another!

He must have bought a job lot!

Click on twice to enlarge.

Cheers,
    Steve.

DDR FDJ JP banner.DDR FDJ JP banner.DDR FDJ JP banner.DDR FDJ JP banner.DDR FDJ JP banner.DDR FDJ JP banner.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DDR FDJ JP banner.
    P
    Many

Harry what great banners and a great story to follow..
    Thank you for sharing this piece of history with us

Best regards
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

As said above, a great piece of history!...