Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DDR NVA Major's tunic

Article about: Just recently arrived is this very nice NVA signals officer's tunic from 1971. Shoulder boards and collar patches are of the older style, and done in silver wire bullion. The dark high colla

Default DDR NVA Major's tunic

Just recently arrived is this very nice NVA signals officer's tunic from 1971. Shoulder boards and collar patches are of the older style and done in silver wire bullion. The dark high collar really sets these classic tunics apart from the later styles, the influence from the WW11 tunics is still clearly present. Click on pictures to enlarge.

DDR NVA Major's tunicDDR NVA Major's tunicDDR NVA Major's tunicDDR NVA Major's tunicDDR NVA Major's tunicDDR NVA Major's tunic

And just in case you are wondering if the holster is empty...

DDR NVA Major's tunicDDR NVA Major's tunic

Cheers,
    Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DDR NVA Major's tunic
    P
    Many

Really nice quality tunic, love the Makarov, now is it loaded...

Beautiful Tunic and in superb condition considering over 45 years old ,the Build quality is very apparent and i see what you mean about the similarity to the TR tunics ,the pistol M /holster and belt look great ..are the grips a bakelite material on the Mak ? you must find a lanyard to complete it now ,well done Steve on another fine cold war display

A very nice find Steve!....

The stamp inside the tunic shows that this was made in the second quarter of 1971... I paid a visit to Preston Arms Fair last Sunday and offloaded some items I had purchased in recent months... but I didn't come away empty handed. I managed to obtain a VERY nice inscribed and cased NVA 'honours' presentation dagger. I'll try and post some pictures soon. And James... the grips on the Makarov are plastic. it is a Chinese licenced copy by 'Norinco', but it was intended for the military and not the civilian market. It is only marked with the serial number and '56' within a pyramid. Strangely enough, it is harder to find a Chinese Makarov than its Russian counterpart. This one is deactivated to the old UK spec and is fully strippable. It would have been nice to have an original Russian or East German 'Mak', but this was the only one that I could lay my hands on at the time.

Cheers,
    Steve.

DDR NVA Major's tunic

Very nice steve.....and if you want any DDR honour flags....let me know 😂 i have a few!!

Send me an email or a 'pm' John, I have actually been searching for an embroidered banner.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Thanks Steve and the mak is superb ,I know very little on the Warsaw Pact issue pistols so find it all fascinating hence my keen interest to learn although i believe there are minor differances most notably with the grips between the models ,So can i ask is the chinese version a faithfull copy of the original Soviet Makorov and were they built under licence or just a pure facsimle? I asked about your grips because they look a similar material to the pebbled grips on my East German MPI KM ..To my eyes the Mak look very similar to the Walther PPK in passing
    The Preston Arms Fair sounds like a great place to visit Steve

Quote by James C View Post
    Thanks Steve and the mak is superb ,I know very little on the Warsaw Pact issue pistols so find it all fascinating hence my keen interest to learn although i believe there are minor differances most notably with the grips between the models ,So can i ask is the chinese version a faithfull copy of the original Soviet Makorov and were they built under licence or just a pure facsimle? I asked about your grips because they look a similar material to the pebbled grips on my East German MPI KM ..To my eyes the Mak look very similar to the Walther PPK in passing
    The Preston Arms Fair sounds like a great place to visit Steve
    James the Chinese built pistols had minor cosmetic differences, as in the width of the slide's sight rail and configuration of the safety lever!.....

Thanks Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast