MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

DDR visor Gesellschaft für Sport und Technik

Article about: Goodafternoon guys, Today I found a nice DDR visor in a thrift shop and I couldn't just leave it there. It is in very good condition and the size is 54. After looking at some threads on the

?

Default DDR schirmmütze Gesellschaft für Sport und Technik

Goodafternoon guys,

Today I found a nice DDR visor in a thrift shop and I couldn't just leave it there. It is in very good condition and the size is 54. After looking at some threads on the forum I think it is a visor for the Gesellschaft für Sport und Technik. As you can see the wreath is missing.
    I wonder if anyone knows where I can find the right wreath or emblem to make my visor complete?

Thank you.

Regards, Rik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DDR visor Gesellschaft für Sport und Technik   DDR visor Gesellschaft für Sport und Technik  

DDR visor Gesellschaft für Sport und Technik   DDR visor Gesellschaft für Sport und Technik  

Last edited by Rik.S; 12-29-2016 at 05:27 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DDR visor Gesellschaft für Sport und Technik
    P
    Many

?

After a search online I found and ordered a GST mützenabzeichen. I think it will arrive next week. I will put the abzeichen on my Schirmmütze and post the photo's here to show it to you. And then it can also be used for future reference.

?

Quicker than expected the GST mützenabzeichen arrived and I've put it on my schirmmütze. As promised I have some photo's of it.

Regards, Rik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DDR visor Gesellschaft für Sport und Technik   DDR visor Gesellschaft für Sport und Technik  

DDR visor Gesellschaft für Sport und Technik  

bud
    ?

Nice looking hat.

Very nice cap!...

Yep, nice cap and worthy of inclusion in any DDR collection.

The GST was not actually a military formation/organisation as I am sure you know.

For anybody not sure about GST this link should give a clear picture;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gesell...rt_und_Technik

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thank you Mark. And I was indeed aware the GST wasn't a military organisation, but a civilian mass organisation. But that visor was just to good to not take it home with me.