Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early DDR field gear.

Article about: Good afternoon gents, I have just come accross the term "Teil (part) 1 und Teil (Part) 2 Sturmgepack referring to an apparent pair of slighly different NVA blumentarn back packs. This i

Default Early DDR field gear.

Good afternoon gents,

I have just come accross the term "Teil (part) 1 und Teil (Part) 2 Sturmgepack referring to an apparent pair of slighly different NVA blumentarn back packs.

This is new to me and I would be grateful to any member who can show me how these two relate to each other, if they were worn together or if they were were for different purposes/load configurations etc?

Any info is appreciated.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early DDR field gear.
    P
    Many

Hi Mark,

There were two back packs, the larger of the two was attached to the Tragegestell, and the smaller attached to the larger pack in tandem... at least that is my understanding. I have added a few images of my 1965 dated (unissued) sturmpack attached to the Tragegestell. Also worth noting is that the earlier Tragegestell had the heart-shaped leather patch where the straps joined together, the later one's had the circular patch.

Here is a link to a very useful website, you should be able to work out from the images on the website how the two packs are attached to each other...

flaechentarn-kraus.hpage.com

Cheers,
    Steve

Early DDR field gear.Early DDR field gear.Early DDR field gear.Early DDR field gear.

Thanks Steve that is how I imagined it if they were worn together.

I will check out the link shortly.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."