Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Early NVA interimspangen (ribbom bars)

Article about: In response to a request from Joel (Blitzvogel) here are pics of the early ribbon bar shown on my Panzertruppen mannequin plus a couple of others for reference. These early types were "

Default Early NVA interimspangen (ribbom bars)

In response to a request from Joel (Blitzvogel) here are pics of the early ribbon bar shown on my Panzertruppen mannequin plus a couple of others for reference.

These early types were "streets away" in terms of quality from the horrible later paper types that are the most common and which are a real indicator of the austerity measures forced on the DDR government in the latter years.

This type utilises the same ribbon as on the actual medals over a brass clasp and covered in a protective acetate film.

In my opinion they are at least the equivalent of similar TR items.

Early NVA interimspangen (ribbom bars)Early NVA interimspangen (ribbom bars)Early NVA interimspangen (ribbom bars)Early NVA interimspangen (ribbom bars)Early NVA interimspangen (ribbom bars)Early NVA interimspangen (ribbom bars)Early NVA interimspangen (ribbom bars)Early NVA interimspangen (ribbom bars)Early NVA interimspangen (ribbom bars)Early NVA interimspangen (ribbom bars)Early NVA interimspangen (ribbom bars)

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early NVA interimspangen (ribbom bars)
    P
    Many

Many thanks Mark, your examples look lovely and seem to be in great condition! I agree, these are on a par with their wartime counterparts. I think generals could still get these older types even after the paper versions were introduced.

-Joel

Quote by Blitzvogel View Post
    Many thanks Mark, your examples look lovely and seem to be in great condition! I agree, these are on a par with their wartime counterparts. I think generals could still get these older types even after the paper versions were introduced.

-Joel
    Thanks Joel, yes they are in very good condition.

I am looking for a few singles that are missing from cased medals in my collection (loyal service, exemplary service,KVP and GT in particular) so if you see any please give me a PM.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."