Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

East German Daggers, Insignia and Collectables

Article about: Hi Again, Some EG Armlets. Hope they are interest. MR

Default East German Daggers, Insignia and Collectables

Hi All, Although the NVA is not realy my field, I do have a few bits and bobs which I like. I believe that both the East and West German military are grossly underestimated in the collecting fields and anything the redresses the inbalance is good with me. By way of support, please take a look at some NVA General Officer's daggers which I aquired some years back which I hope you find interesting. If you wish, I will post some other NVA and Bundie bits in future??? The daggers are:

1. Army
    2. Navy
    3. Air Force
    4. Border

East German Daggers, Insignia and CollectablesEast German Daggers, Insignia and CollectablesEast German Daggers, Insignia and CollectablesEast German Daggers, Insignia and Collectables

With best wishes Michael Ryan

PS This was transferred from another thread.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement East German Daggers, Insignia and Collectables
    P
    Many

these are real nice michael ,you have been fortunate to collect them ,many thanks for taking the time to post here

Lovely pieces, I have never seen these types of daggers before, most interesting.

I didn't think the east Germans kept using daggers. What time period were these used?

Lovely stuff, I would happily own these

Hi Fellow Collectors and Interested Parties, Some Volksmariene Caps to show. Hope you find them of interest. Please feel free to pass comment or opinion especially if I have got any descriptions incorrect.

Cheers Michael R

Cap 1. VM Female Officer. Unmarked.

Cap 2. Junior Officer. Blue Top. NVA 1856 D.

Cap 3. Senior Officer. White Top. Unmarked.

Cap 4. Senior Officer. Blue Top. NVA 1856 D.

Cap 5. Flag Officer. Blue Top. NVA 1856 D.

East German Daggers, Insignia and CollectablesEast German Daggers, Insignia and CollectablesEast German Daggers, Insignia and CollectablesEast German Daggers, Insignia and CollectablesEast German Daggers, Insignia and Collectables

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    I didn't think the east Germans kept using daggers. What time period were these used?
    Officers' daggers were introduced in 1961 and only discontinued with the final revision of the NVA's uniform regulations for the transitional period from May to September 1990, i.e. the last five months of the NVA's existence.

The East German armed forces cultivated many military traditions - both in terms of uniforms and ceremonial aspects - that were not adopted by the West German Bundeswehr.

Hi again, Thank you for your message and information. I realy did not expect to hear from you on this thread but none-the-less happy to. I have more or less exhausted the medal bars and intend trying a thread on cased and single medals and awards. There are several Imperial awards which I would like to identify and hope that you will be forthcoming with your knowledge?? May I enquire, in addition to Honour Crosses, what other fields do you collect to??
    Cheers and thank you once again Michael

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    May I enquire, in addition to Honour Crosses, what other fields do you collect to??
    May I refer you back to: Imperial/TR Group ID Please

Hi Andreas, Thank you for the back reference. For reasons that escape me, i remember the link back to the Honour Cross but I had forgotten the other links. I think it is an agae thing. My brain seems to be voiding things so appologies for my error!!

Cheers once again Michael

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast