Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fallschirmspringer Abzeichen

Article about: Described as "Fallschirmspringer Abzeichen Handgestickt Version 1960-67" only photo i have and i've requsted more. Your views?...

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen.

Must say, I know the feeling; it's really frustrating to start a thread and then find that you're just talking to yourself. There are some areas of collecting that just don't seem to draw much attention here, let alone be actively pursued by a significant number of members. Post-war German material - GDR as well as FRG - is among them.

Of course, that lack of interested parties results in a lack of responses, especially when it comes to threads posted with a request for opinions on an item's nature or authenticity. (But I guess at the end of the day, in such cases no replies at all are still preferrable to a dozen posts all saying "Don't know" or "Not my field of collecting".)
    I'm not averse to collecting anything from the DDR or FRG, but these items seem to be very scarce where I buy my TR stuff from. Because I like to collect German medals, if I can't find anything TR wise from the militaria fairs I go to, I will sometimes pick up something from Imperial Germany instead and have posted them for people here to see.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmspringer Abzeichen
    P
    Many

I agree with the sentiment in Steve's first post. Most of the time, that same sentiment applies to allied Militaria. People are enthralled with that murderous dictatorship that was the TR. It is harder than one might think to find cold war era stuff. I got lucky finding the Bundeswehr tunics I have recently acquired. Many people use German eBay to find items, and they can also be located on US ebay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2