Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

A Few DDR Cuff Titles

Article about: There is no way i can justify paying the price of TR cuff titles so i bought these, maybe one day they might be worth a few quid I picked these up at the Mauerpark flea market in Berlin back

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I am a relic of the cold war, too, and I went to the Hauptstadt der DDR in 1975 and in 1983, but did not snag any regalia.
    I wanted very much to get out of the Pfalz and go to West Berlin to work there, but it did not avail me.
    Once the DDR went tango ultra in 1989-1990, I spent a lot of time there with the ex NVA in very intense contact.
    I got a lot of this stuff at the time and have packed it all away to moulder.
    I will make a picture of some of the things I have, such as they are....
    I recall you saying you are very much a student of Germany and it's history, with much familiarity with the DDR era. I think the evolution of Germany is interesting. My Cold War interest has been piqued after my uniform purchase recently. I think it is an interesting time and as I said before, the uniforms lack the flair of earlier times but are still interesting. Besides, I needed a way to work my '61 US Forces license plates into a display!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Few DDR Cuff Titles
    P
    Many

Quote by carpediem View Post
    I found where the "Wirkungsbereichs-Leitung" is described as being for the "Area Operations Administrator". Not sure what that means, but I hope it helps some. Maybe the fire chief?
    You are correct, it is for the local area fire chief to use western terms.

A Few DDR Cuff Titles
    Summer uniform version of Marineschule A. Lütgens!...

Wirkungsbereich could be roughly translated as "operational district".

Several Feuerwehren [fire brigades] made up a Wirkungsbereich (WB). The Wirkungsbereich was run by the Wirkungsbereichsleitung (WBL), whose members were identified by this cuff title.

The WBL consisted of the following members:

• the Leiter des Wirkungsbereiches (WBL) [Head of the Wirkungsbereich]
    • the Stellvertreter für Einsatz, Aus- und Weiterbildung (Stellv. WBL EAW) [Deputy for operations, basic and advanced training]
    • the Stellvertreter für Kontrolle im Brandschutz (Stellv. WBL VB) [Deputy for fire safety inspection]
    • the Stellvertreter für Technik (Stellv. WBL T) [Deputy for technical matters]

The WBLs coordinated and supervised the training and operations of the fire brigades subordinate to them and functioned as the liaison between the firefighting services and the civilian district administration.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Wirkungsbereich could be roughly translated as "operational district".

Several Feuerwehren [fire brigades] made up a Wirkungsbereich (WB). The Wirkungsbereich was run by the Wirkungsbereichsleitung (WBL), whose members were identified by this cuff title.

The WBL consisted of the following members:

• the Leiter des Wirkungsbereiches (WBL) [Head of the Wirkungsbereich]
    • the Stellvertreter für Einsatz, Aus- und Weiterbildung (Stellv. WBL EAW) [Deputy for operations, basic and advanced training]
    • the Stellvertreter für Kontrolle im Brandschutz (Stellv. WBL VB) [Deputy for fire safety inspection]
    • the Stellvertreter für Technik (Stellv. WBL T) [Deputy for technical matters]

The WBLs coordinated and supervised the training and operations of the fire brigades subordinate to them and functioned as the liaison between the firefighting services and the civilian district administration.
    Thank you very much Andreas!.....

I concur with Gunny! Thanks Andreas!! Your ability to put the German into terms English speakers can understand is amazing!

A Few DDR Cuff Titles
    A couple more. The Zivilverteidigung is i believe the DDR civil defence organization, although not a rare item this one took me a few weeks to track down.
    Hafenpolizei is what it says harbour police.
    I think there are about five or six cuff titles i have yet to buy!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    A couple more. The Zivilverteidigung is i believe the DDR civil defence organization, although not a rare item this one took me a few weeks to track down.
    Hafenpolizei is what it says harbour police.
    I think there are about five or six cuff titles i have yet to buy!...
    On the risk of ruining your weekend: I'm afraid here are a few more than five or six to go. Let's do an inventory.

You already have those...:

• Betriebsschutz
    • Betriebswache (green)
    • Bootsführer
    • Erich-Weinert-Ensemble (stone grey)
    • Grenztruppen der DDR
    • Hafenpolizei
    • Luftfahrtinspektion der DDR
    • Marineschule A. Lütgens (blue)
    • Marineschule A. Lütegens (white)
    • Militärmusikschüler
    • NVA-Wachregiment
    • Segelschulschiff W. Pieck (blue)
    • Standortmusikkorps des MdI
    • VOLKSPOLIZEI
    • WACHREGIMENT FRIEDRICH ENGELS
    • Wach-Rgt. F. Dzierzinski
    • Wirkungsbereichs-Leitung
    • ZIVILVERTEIDIGUNG

...You still need the following. (The list is compiled to the best of my knowledge, but there may be others):

• Betriebswache (blue)
    • BBS Fischkombinat Saßnitz
    • BBS John Schehr
    • BS "Karl Meseberg"
    • Erich-Weinert-Ensemble (blue)
    • FDGB-Urlauberschiff (blue)
    • FDGB-Urlauberschiff (white)
    • Fischereiaufsichtsamt DDR
    • Hafenbesatzung
    • Hafenhygiene-Inspektion
    • Ingenieurhochschule
    • Marineschule
    • Ministerium für Staatssicherheit
    • Oberverkehrsmeister
    • Schiffswacheinheit
    • Seefahrtsamt der DDR
    • Seefahrtschule
    • Seekammer der DDR
    • Seenotrettungsdienst der DDR
    • Segelschulschiff W. Pieck (white)
    • Urlauberschiff (blue)
    • Urlauberschiff (white)
    • Verkehrsdispatcher
    • Verkehrsmeister
    • Zentrales Musikkorps der FDJ
    • Zentrales Orchester des MdI

One of the references I used for compiling this list is a website that I am sure you will love:

DDR Dienstgrade Uniformen und Effekten

(Click on the "camera" icons for insignia charts from a number of different GDR organisations.)

How many have you left to buy Gunny??

You have not spoiled my weekend Andreas, just the opposite in fact as i can now spend another few months hunting them down. I had forgotten abut the fishing fleet titles and after reading posts on DDR forums i was led to believe the Stasi cuff title was fantasy item, not wanting to doubt your knowledge Andreas but is a legitimate title?
    Thank you very much for taking the time to post the list and link!...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast