Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

GRENZTRUPPEN DER DDR trench coat

Article about: i have this trench coat, i dont remember where i got it from, but i was wondering if it was real or what was up with it. it looks in to good of condition to be real but i know nothing about

rubenthesecond
    ?

Default GRENZTRUPPEN DER DDR trench coat

i have this trench coat, i dont remember where i got it from, but i was wondering if it was real or what was up with it. it looks in to good of condition to be real but i know nothing about this kinda stuffGRENZTRUPPEN DER DDR trench coatGRENZTRUPPEN DER DDR trench coat

2. # ADS

Default Re: GRENZTRUPPEN DER DDR trench coat

Hi, i dont see why its faked. Its an east german great coat.
    Its a post war item, and used until late 90`s.
    However there are several experts on DDR items here on the forum, they can give you better details on the coat.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

This is original and is an East German Border Guards Greatcoat.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

colleen
    ?

I also have one of the jackets/trench coats but the band around the left sleeve is black, although with the same wording. Is it a different group of the DDR and where can I get the fur for the collar...I guess that would be black as well?

Would you also know which particular "group", I guess was their actual title?

Strike, a sheila! ........ now we're gunna hafta watch our language!!

Hello Colleen - and welcome to the forum .....
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Welcome to the forum Coleen...I am not clued up on the DDR as I am on the Bundeswehr, but here are some links on the "Grenztruppen der DDR".... Border Troops of the German Democratic Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Border Troops of the German Democratic Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    and here is a quick look at there uniforms....sorry but I have no idea on the colour of the cuff titles, I just assumed they were all green...please post photographs of your items....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GRENZTRUPPEN DER DDR trench coat  

I bought one of these greatcoats in 1990 for a tenner at an army disposals in Dorset. Still have it packed away somewhere, quite warm to wear and good value at the time I thought.