Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Jungepioniere fanfare bugle with banner

Article about: The latest acquisition to my DDR collection is a fanfare trumpet and banner which was once used by the 'Thalmann Pioneers'. The group was named in honour of the pre-war communist leader of t

Default Jungepioniere fanfare bugle with banner

The latest acquisition to my DDR collection is a fanfare trumpet and banner which was once used by the 'Thalmann Pioneers'. The group was named in honour of the pre-war communist leader of the KPD, Ernst Thalmann, who was imprisoned by the Nazis at Buchenwald during the 1930's and then later executed on August 18th 1944. The 'JP' were split into two separate groups, the 'Jungpioniere' for those aged between six and 10, and the 'Thalmann-Pioniere' for those aged between 10 and 14. From there they would be expected to join the 'Freien Deutsche Jugend' where they would stay until the age of 25. The aim of these groups was to indoctrinate the youth in communist Marxist ideology and prepare them for membership in the 'Sozialistische EinheitPartei'. Children were not forced to join - membership being entirely voluntary. But many of those who did not join, found that their academic careers were blighted in later life when they found themselves turned down for university placements. Although there is a difference in the ideology, there are strong parallels (in my opinion) with the 'Hitler Jugend' of the Third Reich and the youth groups of the DDR period.

The bugle itself is in very good condition, there being minimal dings and only a slight bend. The banner - probably made by school parents - as many were, is double-sided. The 'JP' logo is a printed piece of material which has been hand-stitched onto the back-cloth. All yellow lettering is embroidered. Although in the strictest sense this is not a military item, it belonged to a youth organisation which was the first step in the ladder to communist indoctrination.

Click on pictures to enlarge.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Jungepioniere fanfare bugle with bannerJungepioniere fanfare bugle with bannerJungepioniere fanfare bugle with bannerJungepioniere fanfare bugle with bannerJungepioniere fanfare bugle with bannerJungepioniere fanfare bugle with banner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jungepioniere fanfare bugle with banner
    P
    Many

Yep i've got to agree with you about the parallels with the hitler youth and the communist youth movements. Very nice bugle and banner mate, you'll have to give us a tune on it one day!..

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Yep i've got to agree with you about the parallels with the hitler youth and the communist youth movements. Very nice bugle and banner mate, you'll have to give us a tune on it one day!..
    Sorry Gunny... no can do... I've never been one for 'blowing my own trumpet.'

CBH
    ?

Nice trumpet and informative post.
    Get them Young and make them Commies.
    Great way to ring in the New Years......if you don't have live firearms.

Quote by CBH View Post
    Nice trumpet and informative post.
    Get them Young and make them Commies.
    Great way to ring in the New Years......if you don't have live firearms.
    And upset the neighbours!....