Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Medaille fur Vorbildlichen Grenzdienst 1st pattern. How often does this happen?

Article about: A couple of weeks back I posted an acquisition from the former DDR; http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/nation...olizei-754766/ A nice early piece that I am very pleased with. Then, whilst discuss

Default Medaille fur Vorbildlichen Grenzdienst 1st pattern. How often does this happen?

A couple of weeks back I posted an acquisition from the former DDR;

Leistungsabzeichen der Deutsche Grenzpolizei

A nice early piece that I am very pleased with.

Then, whilst discussing what else the seller might have it transpired that he had this piece to the same soldier. There is no way I could see the two parted

I already have a 1st pattern (serial numbered) but given the fact that this is one of two items to the same soldier plus the very early award date and low serial number this was a no-brainer!

Note also the early Soviet style of suspension (Spange) that preceeded the DDR specific design.

To say I was pleased to catch this one is something of an understatement

Medaille fur Vorbildlichen Grenzdienst 1st pattern. How often does this happen?Medaille fur Vorbildlichen Grenzdienst 1st pattern. How often does this happen?Medaille fur Vorbildlichen Grenzdienst 1st pattern. How often does this happen?Medaille fur Vorbildlichen Grenzdienst 1st pattern. How often does this happen?Medaille fur Vorbildlichen Grenzdienst 1st pattern. How often does this happen?

Unlike the Leistungsabzeichen this Mappe/Urkunde is size A5 but if you compare the two they have both been hole-punched in the same place so maybe even at the same time.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille fur Vorbildlichen Grenzdienst 1st pattern. How often does this happen?
    P
    Many

You certainly got lucky! Congratulations. These Urkunden are great things to have with the medals.

-Joel

That's a nice acquisition, and to be able to reunite the medal with the Leistungsabzeichen is just great! I made a purchase of a medal to high ranking SED politician Margarete Muller, just a few days ago and then not long afterwards I noticed that the dealer was also selling off her 'Vaterlandischen Verdienstorden' in bronze, and in 900 silver too. Not that I could afford them, but I would not have made the purchase of her other award had I known about these two - in the hope that someone else might have purchased all three together. Like you Mark, I hate to see such items split up. As an aside, I already have an example of the VVO in bronze which I posted last week. I just love the DDR awards!

VATERLANDISCHEN VERDIENSTORDEN in bronze

Cheers,
    Steve