Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My first tunic

Article about: Greetings, I have recently gotten into collecting NVA stuff real properly, and made my first bigger purchase. A Grenztruppen Stabsfeldwebel tunic from 1967 with original period sewn insignia

Default My first tunic

Greetings,

I have recently gotten into collecting NVA stuff real properly, and made my first bigger purchase.

A Grenztruppen Stabsfeldwebel tunic from 1967 with original period sewn insignia. A bit salty from the edges, but I like it when these kind of items have a little bit of wear to show that it's got history. The Grenztruppen was part of the NVA until 1973, when it was separated and reported directly to the Ministerium für Nationale Verteidigung.

My first tunic
    My first tunic
    My first tunic
    My first tunic

-Joel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first tunic
    P
    Many

Nice tunic, i like the longer service chevrons!....

A nice tunic, there really is some very nice and highly collectable DDR militaria out there.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    A nice tunic, there really is some very nice and highly collectable DDR militaria out there.
    There certainly is, Harry! The most interesting and desirable items are from the early years of the GDR, and they go for quite high prices. The production quality back then was also quite close to TR-era gear, which makes the items much more aesthetic than the later era stuff from the 70's onward.

My three tunics... The signals Major's tunic is from 1971, the NCO's tunic from 1974, and the OR's tunic from 1966.

Cheers,
    Steve.

My first tunicMy first tunicMy first tunic

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    My three tunics... The signals Major's tunic is from 1971, the NCO's tunic from 1974, and the OR's tunic from 1966.

Cheers,
    Steve.
    Very nice...the signals field tunic is my favorite, really good cut. Uniforms look way better on mannequins than on hangers...

Great to see, one I have, by memory this one is 78 dated. Green collar jackets are missing from my lot!