Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My new NVA M56 Helmet.

Article about: Just came in today, this thing is in really great shape for what it is and i'm very curious what information you guys can give me on some of the markings. Still relatively new to collecting

Quote by magnetom View Post
    I wonder what dictated the use of the strichtarn helmet cover VS. nets or no nets, was it just time period or something else?
    I'd guess it's use would be dictated by operation type.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new NVA M56 Helmet.
    P
    Many

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    In the spirit of keeping the thread ticking over I thought you'd like to see some DDR helmets in wear with nets on too!Attachment 1353346
    I love the expression of the guy top right. He looks totally ~~~~ off!
    Cheers for the shot, I haven't seen many pics of the NBC suit packed on the kit!

Thanks Rene,
    You might like this one as well as it shows a DDR Volksarmee unit with their NBC kit in wear.

My new NVA M56 Helmet.

Yeah, Yeah! it's still nice posting on other people's threads.

Did you forget to add some comment?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

My new NVA M56 Helmet.

Think this one shows a Felddienst stahlhelm?

?

Hi,
    Sorry about my posting #24. I just wanted to inform our colleague member that there was already information available on this helmet on the forum.
    Deep regret and apologize. Asking for forgiveness.
    Luc

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    In the spirit of keeping the thread ticking over I thought you'd like to see some DDR helmets in wear with nets on too!Attachment 1353346
    I love the expression of the guy top right. He looks totally ~~~~ off!
    Great pic.
    My first thought was of "Dads Army" based on the apparent average age of these blokes but of course this is a Kampfgruppe unit and I think if you look hard and squint a bit you can just see a KG patch on the left arm of the bloke at bottom 2nd left with his head down over his notes/map.
    I reckon the Skimutze at bottom left will be the instructor/permanent staff charged with making sure that nobody is ordering a "take away curry"

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Default M56/74 hybrid/transitional configuration

Hi gents,

We seem to have a couple of M56 threads but this seemed to be the best place to add this one.

From the outside it looks like the original M56 because of the rivets. On the inside if you remove the later '74 plastic cradle liner it can be seen that the early liner which was permanently fixed by the rivets has been removed by taking off the peen of the rivet and leaving it in place. This is done to preserve the ballistic integrity of the shell which would be compromised by the heat generated in welding over the holes left by taking the rivet out.
    Six steel nipples are then spot welded (which does not heat up the surrounding metal too much) to the inside of the shell to accept the plastic cradle of the new liner. The new liner does look cheap and nasty to our collectors eyes but it was superior to the old not least because of reduced manufacturing costs and easier production but also because it was far more adjustable to suit the wearer than the old.

What struck me about this one is the unusal date stamp format and that I don't think I have seen such an early example of this (1957) at all let alone in this condition (the liner is mint but we all know what they look like )

I hope this is of interest to "variation" collectors amongst us>

Regards

Mark

My new NVA M56 Helmet.My new NVA M56 Helmet.My new NVA M56 Helmet.My new NVA M56 Helmet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast