Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

National Shield on NVA Helmets?

Article about: Hi all. I have just been trying to do a bit of research with the view to purchasing an early NVA helmet with a national flag decal. I have seen a few online, however I am wondering are these

Default National Shield on NVA Helmets?

Hi all.

I have just been trying to do a bit of research with the view to purchasing an early NVA helmet with a national flag decal. I have seen a few online, however I am wondering are these being faked? I have not seen that many and would have thought that if a fake decal would drive the price up then there would be a lot more out there as it would be a pretty simple alteration to make.

I would be interested to hear other people's thoughts on this.

Cheers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement National Shield on NVA Helmets?
    P
    Many

According to the World war helmets site the NVA and the Volkspolizei decals are indeed faked, the strange thing is though i've seen early model lids being sold with and without decals on Berlin flea markets for roughly the same price!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    According to the World war helmets site the NVA and the Volkspolizei decals are indeed faked, the strange thing is though i've seen early model lids being sold with and without decals on Berlin flea markets for roughly the same price!...
    The world war helmets site is right, however the fake NVA deals are always modern water transfer ones or heavy adhesive ones. Real NVA decals should be very thin but the colors are usually very vibrant. First model helmets with decals should be looked at with great attention before you buy them. Theere are a few different shapes as well, elongated vs more traditional size.

Thanks both for your comments. I will have to handle a few to get a better feel for it I think.

Good luck! I bought a badged one a good few years ago....'took a flyer as, as Mr Hartman says, there wasn't too much difference price-wise between badged and un-badged (it came from Germany). I still have no idea if it's right or not but it looks OK.....and only the people managing my estate will have to sort out the details! :-)

......'wish I knew where it was..........

Quote by Composite View Post
    Good luck! I bought a badged one a good few years ago....'took a flyer as, as Mr Hartman says, there wasn't too much difference price-wise between badged and un-badged (it came from Germany). I still have no idea if it's right or not but it looks OK.....and only the people managing my estate will have to sort out the details! :-)

......'wish I knew where it was..........
    You are are a hard arse compo!

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Thanks both for your comments. I will have to handle a few to get a better feel for it I think.
    You won't need the forensics with these I must say.