Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

NVA AKM bayonet wrist strap

Article about: This might seem a trivial question but I am trying to find a wrist strap for the type 1 AKM bayoney. Unlike the Soviet Russian equivalent they are light grey webbing rather than brown leathe

Default NVA AKM bayonet wrist strap

This might seem a trivial question but I am trying to find a wrist strap for the type 1 AKM bayonet. Unlike the Soviet Russian equivalent they are light grey webbing rather than brown leather.

I am sure that there is a dealer somewhere with a box load that he doesn't even bother to list because demand is very low and they will only attract a small price.

But, if you need one, you need one!!

Any suggestions would be appreciated and it would also help if I knew the correct German word for it to help my search. I'm sure there will be a correct term and that simply translating "wrist strap" will not work.

Thanks in advance

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 07-12-2019 at 07:19 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA AKM bayonet wrist strap
    P
    Many

?

Edit- Hey my 1000 post
    Nvm what I linked actually seems for a belt rather than a wrist?!

Double edit- NVA Border Fist Strap by Bayonet AK 47/74 Army Paratrooper MDI DDR | eBay I think that is it
    Last edited by Jb4046; 07-12-2019 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Wrong link provided

Hi Mark,

Not only did I have to find you the Type 1 AKM bayonet, now I have had to find the strap too! eBay seller muna-rheinland has 10 available at just over £4 each...

'Faustriemen Fangriemen Fur AK47 Bajonett'

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Edit- Hey my 1000 post
    Nvm what I linked actually seems for a belt rather than a wrist?!

Double edit- NVA Border Fist Strap by Bayonet AK 47/74 Army Paratrooper MDI DDR | eBay I think that is it
    Genius mate

I knew they must be out there and this proves the value of this forum. Forum = exchange of information

I thought of Trageschlaufe but felt that was just wrong and I would have considered Faustriemen in the same context as Portepee and Troddel but you are spot on!

I would never have come up with those search parameters to lead to that Ebay listing.
    "Fist strap" makes sense but the rest of the Ebay description is Bo***cks that is auto translate for you I suppose.

Many thanks for the pointer, much appreciated. Now I can stop hunting through boxes of odds and ends for something I think I have but might have imagined

Glad to be the catalyst for your post 1000 too. Now you are an old sweat on the forum

Best

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Hi Mark,

Not only did I have to find you the Type 1 AKM bayonet, now I have had to find the strap too! eBay seller muna-rheinland has 10 available at just over £4 each...

'Faustriemen Fangriemen Fur AK47 Bajonett'

Cheers,
    Steve
    Hahaha,

Thanks Steve my search skills seem to be letting me down. I did have to admit though that I had confused myself and was looking for the Modell47 bayonet wasn't I? D'Oh!

Best

Mark