MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

NVA Blumentarn field uniform

Article about: Good morning gents, here are a couple of pics for reference of my on-going NVA Blumentarn project; This impression with early leather field gear will be follwed by the later grey webbing pat

My book on the Warsaw Pact Infantry and its Weapons - published by Brassey's in 1976 - does not even list the East German army as a user of this weapon, although it gives a description. It does list them as using the RPK, but this is some years after the period we are discussing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA Blumentarn field uniform
    P
    Many

Really nice to see your work in Progress Mark which so far is really impressive ,This is as far as i got with my display but would like to find the ammo pouches one day to add to this work in progress NVA Blumentarn field uniform
    Regards James

Hi Steve,

Yep, I agree though I wonder if MfS security troops who used Blumentarn for longer might have seen it paired with the RPK? Of course it was preceeded by the RPD. I think a lot of the problem with the designation DP28 is that it is a purely western nomenclature. To the Soviets and therefore the WP it was just the DP or Degtyarev Pulemyot (Degtyarev Machine Gun) and the DT & DTM were variants for AFV. Maybe RP (Ruchnoy Pulemyot - Light Machine Gun) 46 is a similar scenario?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by James C View Post
    Really nice to see your work in Progress Mark which so far is really impressive ,This is as far as i got with my display but would like to find the ammo pouches one day to add to this work in progress NVA Blumentarn field uniform
    Thanks James, your set-up is looking good. May I suggest that the bayonet should be on the other side so that it is not behind the buckle which means that it has to be threaded along the whole length of the belt rather than just the first couple of inches on the non buckle end?
    The ammo pouches are out there just be prepared for the high price commanded by the left side two mag pouch if you want to fit both!!!

Regards

Mark
    PS Is that an authentic helmet cover? If so any chance of pics?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks Mark for the kind words and yes your right and unfortunately i realised my mistake on the bayonet placement shortly after i took the pics and placed all the bits back into storage ,The pouches do command a fair price and most likely the reason i have not yet picked up a set but will do in time and as for the helmet cover it is a section of the material so not a dedicated cover as such but does the job for display purposes
    Regards James

?

Great stuff. Raul

Currently for sale on eBay de at 70 euros... another example is on there for 117 euros

3er Magazintasche AK47 Blumentarn Flachentarn Flecktarn NVA DDR selten top | eBay

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3