Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990

Article about: Well, a short (or maybe long) introduction is on order... It's true... History DOES repeats itself. In the eve of the "Second Cold War" (started a few days ago in the Ukraine), I'v

Hi Fabe, May I congratulate you on a fine collection of NVA artifacts, some excellent photographs, a lot of very interesting information and for a first rate thread?? Please keep up the good work.
    Regards and best wishes Michael Ryan.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990
    P
    Many

?

update:

new pick-up - "Flächentarn" camo (1960s) canteen...one small step closer to that NVA Flächentarn dummy

Great thread Fabe, I'll stay tuned to this one! I should add, Thanks for the credit for James and I, but James gets it full as the prick got me addicted!!! Good Work James C
    Last edited by reneblacky; 03-23-2014 at 05:51 AM. Reason: added text

Quote by Fabe View Post
    update:

new pick-up - "Flächentarn" camo (1960s) canteen...one small step closer to that NVA Flächentarn dummy

Great pick up, i've got to get some of that camo!..

?

UPDATE:

A couple of more cheap wins over at ebay.de - first is an "early NVA Y-strap" - which I won for 1 EU(!) - can anyone confirm that this is actually a NVA Y-strap? I'm still learning this...
    Sellers pics:
    NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990
    It does look like something he has on:

Also this lot of NVA field gear (also early stuff) from the same seller for 13 EU - an alu canteen with wool cover and alu cup, a bread-bag with 1961? stamp, and mess-tin with strap - again seller's pics:
    NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990

I'd say not bad for 14 EU for all - the shipping costs me more!

Finally - is there a good book around on NVA uniforms, field-gear with color pics?

Cheers,
    Fabe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990  

?

Flächentarn Krauß - just found this great site...looks like that bread-bag I just won, could be 1951 dated, not 1961

from this site: (by "Brotbeuetel")

"Brotbeutel der Hauptverwaltung Ausbildung, dem Vorläufer der Kasernierten Volkspolizei von 1951."

Quote by Fabe View Post
    UPDATE:

A couple of more cheap wins over at ebay.de - first is an "early NVA Y-strap" - which I won for 1 EU(!) - can anyone confirm that this is actually a NVA Y-strap? I'm still learning this...
    Sellers pics:
    NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990

Also this lot of NVA field gear (also early stuff) from the same seller for 13 EU - an alu canteen with wool cover and alu cup, a bread-bag with 1961? stamp, and mess-tin with strap - again seller's pics:
    NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990

Finally - is there a good book around on NVA uniforms, field-gear with color pics?

Cheers,
    Fabe
    Going into 50's gear is way way out of my scope! the straps are brown? or dirty grey? from what I've seen the yoke of the straps earlier than my sets are more of a heart shape, but hey I'm also learning. Look out for a camo pack as these are fairly reasonable in price (I want one but my balls are severely tied by Wifey)
    315 NVA Packtasche IN Flächendruck Teil 2 | eBay

?

Hi René,
    I don't have the items yet - but from the pics, it seems that the y-strap is brownish-tan (?)

Camo pack: I'm biding on one presetly - so that's next...

?

UPDATE:

These items arrived today - overall happy with them ... Since these seller's pics are pretty good, I probably won't take more pics - unless someone needs a shot of anything here...do let me know.

Short list:
    - Y-strap: The "early" y-strap is salty-looking, with grey circle yoke , looks like seen a lot of (training) action with some artificial rust on couple of metal hooks. I still have no idea what is considered "early" - all these grey y-starps look the same, with either circle or heart-shaped yokes. Anyway, it "looks" older than late 1980s made y-straps...
    I'll be getting more y-straps (both types) soon - they're cheap!

- Bread bag: Nice item! Looks just like a WW2 German bread-bag, exept for the double internal pockets, and the alu buttons are a little bit thinner. 1961 ink stamp marking...very good condition.

- Wool covered canteen: The wool cover must've shrunk a bit over the years, only the bottom lower button can be snapped together, but has no holes or anything. Too bad for this (and will probably will hunt for another canteen like this in the future).
    The straps/hook is in very good condition, so is the canteen itself with an "un-readable" marking on the screw-cup.
    "Md I" marking on the alu cup. I just found out today, that these wool covered canteens were used between 1949 - 1956.

Mess-kit with strap: Also a nice item! "Md I" and "I/61" ink-stamp markings on the back of the strap (made in the first quarter of 1961) and "Md I" and the number "60" right under it, all whithin a circle marking on the mess-tin (1960 made) - also both in good condition.

So, aside the shrunken wool cover - still worth the 14 EU!

Quote by Fabe View Post
    UPDATE:

Sellers pics:

Cheers,
    Fabe

?

Impressive friend.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast