Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990

Article about: Well, a short (or maybe long) introduction is on order... It's true... History DOES repeats itself. In the eve of the "Second Cold War" (started a few days ago in the Ukraine), I'v

?

new pick-up:

DDR flash-light - as used by NVA border guards - as far as I know...

NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990
    P
    Many

?

Hey Folks - I took a couple of years off from collecting NVA stuff - since then, I sold off all my late type (mostly 1980s) items and decided to focus on early NVA (1956-early 1970s). They are getting more & more expensive year by year...

Since I'm here, I'll show you my latest pick up - just from today:
    A type I. NVA AK bayonet in somewhat salty (the way I like it) condition. There is a letter "K" marking @ the crossbar and has a serial number: "RA3164" - my only question; through the serial number, can we find out the manufacture date?

Cheers,
    Fabe

NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990NVA "Cold War" Collection 1956 - 1990

Quote by Fabe View Post
    Hey Folks - I took a couple of years off from collecting NVA stuff - since then, I sold off all my late type (mostly 1980s) items and decided to focus on early NVA (1956-early 1970s). They are getting more & more expensive year by year...

Since I'm here, I'll show you my latest pick up - just from today:
    A type I. NVA AK bayonet in somewhat salty (the way I like it) condition. There is a letter "K" marking @ the crossbar and has a serial number: "RA3164" - my only question; through the serial number, can we find out the manufacture date?

Cheers,
    Fabe

Smart move, the late era 80's stuff is never going to get rare IMO. There's just too much of it on the market. The 50's uniforms for example can go for as much as their Wehrmacht equivalents, as you've probably noticed.

About the bayonet, I do not think the serial number holds any info about the manufacture date.

-Joel

Fascinating thread guys, the info at the start of the thread, regarding the origins of the M56 I found extremely interesting. I'm sure that if the outcome of the War had been different, the Wehrmacht might have changed AH's opinion on the M56 (B11), he would have had time to concentrate & digest the facts on this uniquely german helmet, that served half of Germany for 40 plus years.
    Regards
    Paul

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6