Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

NVA Kampfmesser 87

Article about: Hi, mates ! Want to show you the "Kampfmesser 87", approved in the Forces of the NVA, (Nationale Volksarmee), of the former GDR, (Deutsche Demokratische Republik). Only a few thous

Nr. 0112 ("T in circle" , hallmarked upon the Schernocken),
    Nr. 0985 ("W im Kreis"),
    Nr. 1010 ("W im Kreis"),
    Nr. 1249 ("T im Kreis"),
    Nr. 1591 ("W im Kreis"),
    Nr. 1290 ("W im Kreis"),
    Nr. 2130 ("W im Kreis"),
    Nr. 2155 ("W im Kreis").

Also, some examples of the "M87" "survival Knife":

NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA Kampfmesser 87
    P
    Many

Welcome back Reibert, where have you been?
    Wonderful collection , congratulations still no update about the production quantity?
    V

Quote by VocelkaV View Post
    ... still no update about the production quantity?
    Hi, V. !

The "highest" serial-No. on an "KM87" I observed till today, was the 3066.

Regarding the "M87" "Survival Knife":
    As far as I know, only 248 pcs. were delivered by Suhl.

Best regards,
    R.

Thank you Reibert for this useful information, how many paratroopers have served in the east german army annually?

... how many paratroopers have served in the east german army annually?
    A former NVA Paratrooper wrote to me:

Merely, (app.), 350, at most, 400 men !
    But, not all of them were trained in parachuting because airborne not obligatory means to jump out of a plain or a chopper through chute !

With his permission I´m allowed to show images of the last jump day with international involvement, (17.-18.9.1990).

IMO the NVA Para´s was one of the best trained and toughest military unit ever !

NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87

NVA Kampfmesser 87...

Quote by Reibert View Post
    A former NVA Paratrooper wrote to me:

Merely, (app.), 350, at most, 400 men !
    But, not all of them were trained in parachuting because airborne not obligatory means to jump out of a plain or a chopper through chute !

With his permission I´m allowed to show images of the last jump day with international involvement, (17.-18.9.1990).

IMO the NVA Para´s was one of the best trained and toughest military unit ever !

NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87NVA Kampfmesser 87
    Great photos!...

As far as I know, the KM 87 (Kampfmesser 87) with the serial number ("Gerätenummer") 656 to 3199 was manufactured by VEB (Volkseigener Betrieb) Jagd- und Schneidwaren Mühlhausen.

The Gerätenummer 3199 was probably the last of a KM87 manufactured in the GDR .

Hello Reibert!

I very nice and rare knife, i guess the quality of the used materials is much abouve the standard Varsaw pact knife quality.
    I have heard that around 3000pcs were produced, but noone could confirmed it.
    When researching the KM87, I also contacted the city of Mühlhausen and received the following answer from an employee there:

Dear sir ...

The Stadtarchiv Mühlhausen does not store any company archives of the former VEB Jagd- und Schneidwaren Mühlhausen (previously PGH Messerschmiede, after 1990: Mühlhäuser Jagd- und Schneidwaren GmbH).

We only have a small compilation of the history of the company and illustrations with production numbers of hunting weapons, honor daggers, parade sabers and combat knives.

The Mühlhausen cutlery was founded on January 1, 1946 by Wilhelm Dittrich at Langensalzaer Straße 53.
    In 1958 the conversion to the PGH of the cutlery trade took place at Steinweg 50 and existed under changing names and mergers with other companies until 1991 under the last owner Jürgen Dittrich under the name Mühlhäuser Jagd- und Schneidwaren GmbH, Vogteier Weg 5 in Mühlhausen.

Around 1972, after nationalization, the company had the name VEB Messerschmiede (later MEM) with its headquarters at Steinweg 50, its shop at Röblingstraße 9 and later several other areas in Mühlhausen.

After reviewing the documents, I can tell you the following:
    From 1960 to 1990, the company manufactured around 1900 honorary daggers for the Stasi and 2543 combat knives (type KM 87) from no. 656-3199.
    He worked with over 60 suppliers for his production.
    Unfortunately, I cannot tell you whether the production of the combat knife with the serial number 3199 has ended, probably yes, since the number of manufactured corresponds to the serial numbers.
    The production should have taken place in Mühlhausen at Steinweg 50.

After consultation with the son of the last company owner, Mr. ..., you will receive his telephone number and email address and you can send him your request.

He will try to help you but has noticed that most of the company records are no longer there.
    His contact details are:
    phone: ...
    Email: ...de.

Separately, you will receive an image of a combat knife via the cloud and a copy of the letter you requested with the assortment list from Mühlhäuser Jagd- und Schneidwaren GmbH, including combat knife serial numbers.

Best regards

I received an e-mail a few days later with a picture of a KM87 and a document with production numbers at my request from the son of the former company owner.

I was advised not to publish these two pictures and only to use them privately.

Excerpt:

... "We would like to point out that the illustrations made available to you are intended solely for you personally and for the project you have named; they may only be passed on to third parties or published with the prior written consent of the Mühlhausen City Archives." ...

For this reason, as requested, I will not publish the picture of the KM87 sent to me and the picture of the listing, and will only use it privately.

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Also, some examples of the "M87" "survival Knife":
    KM87 survival-knife

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4