MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

NVA Leather Belts

Article about: Three leather belts from my collection of NVA items. The main difference between the first two belts is the way the coupling hook is attached to the belt, the first pattern being stitched -

Default NVA Leather Belts

Three leather belts from my collection of NVA items. The main difference between the first two belts is the way the coupling hook is attached to the belt, the first pattern being stitched - and the second being riveted. The first pattern belt also seems to have a much more delicate finish to the surface pattern... the pebble effect is smaller and smoother. The date on the first belt is difficult to see, but is probably 1961. The second belt has no date at all, but this type was in use up to 1970 - when it was replaced by the third pattern belt... the coupling system on this being entirely different.

Cheers,
    Steve.

NVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather Belts

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA Leather Belts
    P
    Many

Nice examples Steve and an interesting bit of information which i wasn't aware of so thanks for sharing
    I have one of these Belts some where but never gave it much thought as to it's vintage but thanks to your guide know what to look for now
    Regards James

I'm still learning myself James... The first pattern belt was purchased from a seller in Germany who actually advertised it as a Fireman's belt... I dropped on it purely by chance. Here's a picture from the NVA camo suit I will be posting in the next week or so, I'm just waiting on some webbing to arrive before I post it. The pistol in the pocket is a pre-war Walther PP.

Cheers,
    Steve.

NVA Leather Belts

Very nice Steve and a great find, the first issue belts have a ww2 vintage look to them perhaps due to the stitching and construction
    All the best, James
    Last edited by James C; 08-11-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Finally put my hand to my Leather Belt and Buckle and thanks to your guide looks to be a late one Steve ,Hope you don't mind me adding it to the thread for comparison
    Cheers James NVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather Belts

TWS
    ?

If I may chime in with mine. 1965 dated.

NVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather Belts

And one further belt... a 2nd pattern web belt.

Cheers,
    Steve

NVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather BeltsNVA Leather Belts

Nice buckles Steve, just a thought though i wonder if any of the TR era buckle makers made the NVA buckles?...