Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Nva m-56

Article about: Hi Fellow collectors ,here's an NVA M-56 from my collection with original netting. From what I can make from the feint stamp it was manufactured in 1968, it also has the original owners name

hi opex ,i hope you dont mind me adding my example's to your threadNva m-56Nva m-56
    Regards James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nva m-56
    P
    Many

?

Hi James, I don't mind at all ,and I really need one of those raindrop pattern hood's for my Helmet,great display as ever buddy

thank you opex ,before i picked up one of these covers i did contemplate just using an offcut of strichtarn material say off an old shirt or trousers ,im sure tucked in would give the same effect ,i dont have any surplus material i could send you but if i find some ill let you know,its just a thought mate
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thank you opex ,before i picked up one of these covers i did contemplate just using an offcut of strichtarn material say off an old shirt or trousers ,im sure tucked in would give the same effect ,i dont have any surplus material i could send you but if i find some ill let you know,its just a thought mate
    That's a great idea I had not considered , I do have a pair of Trousers but would be reluctant to destroy them, so I will continue to keep an eye out for one of these hoods ,I missed out on one recently on ebay,so I am confident another will be on there sooner or later

?

Hi James, update to this thread, I sourced a Strichtarn cover for this helmet, and must say I am impressed with the fit,which was clearly well thought through from the design point of view, I never realised until it arrived that it had a face veil built in too, which I have only ever seen on Swiss Alpenflage Parka's so that was a nice surprise. Anyway here it is,regards Opex
    Nva m-56
    Nva m-56
    Nva m-56
    Nva m-56
    Nva m-56
    Nva m-56
    Nva m-56

looking great opexthe cover suits it very well ,im glad you managed to find one ,they dont come along very often so well done,in my opinion this is an earlier rain pattern as the later utv gear had darker lines ,whats the alphabetic code on the cover to nail down the year exactly please
    Regards James

?

looking great opexthe cover suits it very well ,im glad you managed to find one ,they dont come along very often so well done,in my opinion this is an earlier rain pattern as the later utv gear had darker lines ,whats the alphabetic code on the cover to nail down the year exactly please
    Hi James ,thanks for looking buddy and for your compliments, I have been hanging out for one of these for a long time so I am pleased I finally managed to source one. The problem with this cover is there are no stamps that I can see, which I was going to query when I posted this up...but forgot. It is very interesting to know this might be an early one, but to be honest I would not have a clue one way or the other. The only other VNA item I own in this pattern is a pair of Trousers and from memory I am sure the "Rain drops" are more Grey in colour than the "Rain drops " on this hood which are Brown,does that make any difference/sense ???

The only let down for me is there are no stamps on this helmet that I can see,of course when it arrived I threw it straight on ,so might take a closer look

Thanks again buddy

Very nice helmets, mates !

@ Opex
    Your helmet is entmagnetisiert !
    DDR NVA M56 Stahlhelm

Wanna show you a helmet in size III
    (not really that often seen !)

Stamping in the rim:
    III

Date of production:
    January 1983
    Nva m-56Nva m-56Nva m-56Nva m-56Nva m-56Nva m-56

Another, pretty heavy worn, lid of the NVA ...
    Nva m-56Nva m-56Nva m-56Nva m-56Nva m-56Nva m-56Nva m-56Nva m-56

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast