Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

NVA NCO tunic

Article about: I came across this NVA tunic on eBay today... a very desirable 1962 dated example. The TR influence is clearly visible, and the price of 450 euro's demonstrates the spiralling cost of early

Default NVA NCO tunic

I came across this NVA tunic on eBay today... a very desirable 1962 dated example. The TR influence is clearly visible, and the price of 450 euro's demonstrates the spiralling cost of early East German NVA items. For those collectors who find the rising price of TR equipment pushes it out of their reach, this is a very good compromise. The pre-1970 tunics and uniforms are already becoming harder to find.

Cheers,
    Steve.

NVA NCO tunicNVA NCO tunicNVA NCO tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA NCO tunic
    P
    Many

Always find these interesting in regards to the similarity to the wartime tunics. The tabs, boards, tress...well almost all the uniform badging. The top left pic, if it had green buttons & a breast eagle...might fool someone initially
    David

Quote by real steel View Post
    Always find these interesting in regards to the similarity to the wartime tunics. The tabs, boards, tress...well almost all the uniform badging. The top left pic, if it had green buttons & a breast eagle...might fool someone initially
    David
    Unfortunately it is out of my reach at the moment... I've already spent more than I should on other early NVA items. And I have next weeks arms fair coming up too!

Cheers,
    Steve.

I keep saying NVA gear is a future investment!...

?

Would the helmets, messtins and waterbottles be a good investment?

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Would the helmets, messtins and waterbottles be a good investment?
    If you go for the helmets with the first or second pattern liner - then yes it would. They are already climbing in price, but avoid the ones with the plastic bands and foam pads. Water bottles covered in 'blumentarn' pattern camouflage are also likely to go up in price too.

TWS
    ?

David
    Thus you see these on German Ebay all the time marketed as "WWII".

And are the "unknowing" buying them as such ?

Very likely... otherwise the sellers wouldn't bother doing it.

TWS
    ?

Probably. I don't follow those auctions. When I see them I just shake my head and click away. I would imagine they get some fish on the line as the sellers keep on doing it.