Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NVA Reservists Medal

Article about: Was poking around an Antique store store today and found some interesting things. I've never seen NVA medals before, and the price after the winter discount was worth it (20% off everything

Default Re: NVA Reservists Medal

Ah Lars, you are totally correct. DDR items are going threw the "60s and 70s" era which TR militaria went threw. But without the masses of fakes which flooded the market. Another great factor of DDR items is the price, even now there is a Mint DDR EAST GERMAN ARMY BORDER GUARDS OFFICER JACKET on ebay for 19 pounds...........a blood ripper of a price. I will be nice to see this field take off.
    Morris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA Reservists Medal
    P
    Many

?

These days NKVD border guards, and other uniforms are expensive. At some point people will think "Hey this was actually an interesting era, communism is gone and so is East Germany". There is still a lot of NVA surplus on the market, and cheap as you say. Nice Zeltbahn, helmets etc. I would guess the NVA also used maker marks/factory stamps like the USSR and Third Reich. Maybe there is field there. Quite a sharp looking and recognizable helmet At the moment one can buy original used NVA helmets for about 25 Euro. Zeltbahn new 9 Euro. Used 7 Euro.

Regards, Lars

I started looking around, and there are some very interesting looking NVA medals and badges. And the priices are quite nice. I like how they made the medals resemble the USSR hangers, and the added the short fat German ribbon bar. I've been looking at the Kampfgruppen medals, those are sharp looking. I'll have to do more research on what they all meant, but I'll get them now while the getting is good

Quote by Datrus View Post
    These days NKVD border guards, and other uniforms are expensive. At some point people will think "Hey this was actually an interesting era, communism is gone and so is East Germany". There is still a lot of NVA surplus on the market, and cheap as you say. Nice Zeltbahn, helmets etc. I would guess the NVA also used maker marks/factory stamps like the USSR and Third Reich. Maybe there is field there. Quite a sharp looking and recognizable helmet At the moment one can buy original used NVA helmets for about 25 Euro. Zeltbahn new 9 Euro. Used 7 Euro.

Regards, Lars
    There was a stall holder at the Mauerpark flea market selling assorted DDR medals, 3 euros each or 4 for 10 euros an absolute bargain!...

Flohmarkt am Mauerpark well worth a visit, there is even a bar and cafe!..

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I agree entirely, when i visit Berlin there are flea markets jam packed full of DDR medals and awards which cost peanuts, yet i always ignore them in the hope of finding a TR item, on my next visit i'll be buying some.
    Very nice medal by the way!...
    When you are in Germany look on the Fleamarket in Leipzig Markleeberg. One of the bigest Fleamarkets from Germany.

?

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    I've been looking at the Kampfgruppen medals, those are sharp looking. I'll have to do more research on what they all meant, but I'll get them now while the getting is good
    Great place to start!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2