Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NVA Skimuetze

Article about: Continuing my "work in progress" early NVA combat dress set up this Skimuetze is stated to have come from a house clearance in the former DDR?GDR. It looks to have been virtually m

Default NVA Skimuetze

Continuing my "work in progress" early NVA combat dress set up this Skimuetze is stated to have come from a house clearance in the former DDR/GDR.

It looks to have been virtually mint when it was salted away and the wear shown appears consistent with nothing more than long term storage of such material.

Any and all opinion is welcome

Regards

Mark

PS The last pic is clearly not a Skimuetze but I cannot delete it for some reason. Any mods in the area please feel free!!!

NVA SkimuetzeNVA SkimuetzeNVA SkimuetzeNVA SkimuetzeNVA Skimuetze
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NVA Skimuetze   NVA Skimuetze  

Last edited by Watchdog; 07-31-2019 at 07:29 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA Skimuetze
    P
    Many

A nice cap!

Beautiful early example. Good luck on your project!

Quote by Blitzvogel View Post
    Beautiful early example. Good luck on your project!
    Thanks, I am nearly finished but I think if I am aiming for 1960 as a base year I will need to do two versions; one with leather belt, tragestell, entrenching tool carrier and period water bottle then another with the grey webbing (I have the early webbing too) with later blumentarn covered plastic waterbottle and klappspaten although I am not totally sure when the klappspaten was introduced.

If anyone can offer info on the subject I am keen to hear it.

I would also welcome info on map cases of the period!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Default Officers version of NVA Skimuetze

Just ading to the thread. As with most things in mititary uniform there is a difference between Other Ranks (Enlisted Men) and Officers quality of gear.

This is the Officers version of the Skimuetze.

The design is exactly the same but the material is a cloth similar to Barathea and the cap badge is a woven type stiched to the fabric of the cap.

The sweatband on this one has deteriorated but this is not due to wear. Rather it is due to the ravages of time and the fairly poor quality material used.

Regards

Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NVA Skimuetze   NVA Skimuetze  

NVA Skimuetze   NVA Skimuetze