Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

Show us your NVA items!

Article about: Quickly took Fritzy out side while Wifey is setting up the Xmas lights

René ,nice pouch also compliments to your good lady wife ,she has transformed the garden with the festive lighting ,very effective perhaps there is not a lot of utv equiptment available in the market ,i dont suppose supplies will be sustainable forever ,can i ask was utv actually issued kit or just proposed kit for the latter part of the 1980's/early 90's ,oh and my e tool cover arrived today ,ive looked over it and it doesnt seem to have any ink stamps whatsoever Show us your NVA items!Show us your NVA items!Show us your NVA items!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show us your NVA items!
    P
    Many

and here is the folding e tool in place ready to go back on the display i wonder if this is the correct e tool for a 70s/80s display or would the fixed shovel be better suited Show us your NVA items!Show us your NVA items!

Quote by James C View Post
    and here is the folding e tool in place ready to go back on the display i wonder if this is the correct e tool for a 70s/80s display or would the fixed shovel be better suited Show us your NVA items!Show us your NVA items!
    I'd say the folding shovel is correct for the late 60's/70/80's Here's a shot from a book published in 1975 and it looks like the guy (second from right) has a folding E tool - this picture would have been taken at least a year earlier than the publication date
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-04-2013 at 04:21 AM. Reason: added pic

Here's today's new arrivals AK47 standard pouch, Mess Tin & E Tool - love the bakelite lock nut
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-04-2013 at 05:28 AM. Reason: added pics and text

fantastic René ,im glad i dont have to rush out and buy the solid version now ,great referance pic and well spotted on the etool ,i see you too have the utv pouch ,the mess tin is nice ,did you ever find out where it was kept on the kit ? and your etool locking nut is a work of art ,ill go and check mine to see if i have the same but painted over ,,keep up the great work ,james

Quote by James C View Post
    fantastic René ,im glad i dont have to rush out and buy the solid version now ,great referance pic and well spotted on the etool ,i see you too have the utv pouch ,the mess tin is nice ,did you ever find out where it was kept on the kit ? and your etool locking nut is a work of art ,ill go and check mine to see if i have the same but painted over ,,keep up the great work ,james
    Cheers James
    No I haven't definitely found out about the mess tin, I was thinking it would be strapped to the belt but I don't think they did that and the tin hasn't a provision for a strap. I reackon it has to go into the pack.

Here's a local arrival for today, Type 1 bayo
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-05-2013 at 05:50 AM.

G'day All

This is about all from this lot, other than a RPG pack and a pistol holster

fantastic nva collection René ,youve done really well ,so are you just about finished collecting for now ?, cheers james

Cheers James & thanks for always chiming in, still a couple of bits coming in, a pack (hoping it's a different type non plastic lining?) a frog with a date paper tag and a bunch of belt buckles-- it was all so cheap I couldn't resist to double up!!! I'll aim for smaller different items in the new year, I'll see what I can find? I'm not allowed to buy a leather pistol pouch I'm eyeing off- for now!!!!! that will have to be for next year!!! with a bit of luck I'll find a NBC set not from the UK as from what I understand the Royal post won't handle items over 2kg??!!?? and a courier is then needed!

its a pleasure to comment on your broad nva collection rené,compliments where compliments are due my friend ,it certainly puts my humble collection in the shade ,you have lots of items i can only dream of adding to my display ,ive also enjoyed watching fritz grow into the enviable display he is now ,i look forward to you next arrival ,im sorry to hear about royal mail ,to be honest its quite expensive to send heavy items with them within the uk as well so its nothing personal ,cheers james

Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast