Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Show us your NVA items!

Article about: Quickly took Fritzy out side while Wifey is setting up the Xmas lights

Jacobvs Avgvstvs Caesar
    ?

Default Re: Show us your NVA items!

Hello I am new here,
    I inherited this into my collection from an old friend.
    It is (to my knowledge) a STASI majors uniform she was given by the officer in the events just following the removal of the wall.

It included the hat, (with raspberry piping) the tunic, which had polish , east and west German money in the pockets, a set of steifelhose and a set of white piped strait legged trousers.

I know nothing more

Show us your NVA items!
    Show us your NVA items!

2. # ADS

Thats a really nice uniform

as im a lid addict i thought id show my only nva items a first pattern m56/66 dated 1961 in the earlier dark green paint and the m56/76 dated 1986 enjoy james Show us your NVA items!Show us your NVA items!Show us your NVA items!Show us your NVA items!Show us your NVA items!

Does the number stamp indicate size or year of manufacture? I really like the one with the cover, pattern looks good on a helmet.

hi trelawney my m56/66 stamp reads from the top down with II which is roman numerals for a medium size i think and then 5 and then 61 which means manufactured in may 1961 hope this helps and yes i agree the rain pattern (Strichtarn)cover and netting does look effective the cover pulls out and down at the rear to form a neck quard and the front pulls down as a face veil probably for snipers and stealth i guess thanks for looking i also think it would be great if this nva section became a sub forum in its own right it just doesnt belong in the bundeswehr section thanks james

Show us your NVA items!

Does that make mine a medium sized helmet from 1958?

James, think an NVA sub forum would be a really good idea. I wasn't aware that there was as much interest in NVA kit as I have seen here. I started buying it because I couldn't afford Third Reich stuff and it was a little bit different. I'm still learning about the kit and the NVA so a dedicated sub forum would good place to exchange information, opinions and ideas.

Last edited by Reibert; 12-06-2012 at 09:25 PM.

?

Hi Reibert this is a first for me I have never seen this particular piece of kit before are there any DDR/NVA markings and or stamps on the inside .
    This is a very interesting piece of kit and looks to be the second type of Strichmuster pattern that they started to produce in 1968 it was also produced for export and worn in Africa by insurgent groups particularly in Angola and South West Africa I wonder if it was produced for export .

Regards Mark K

Hi, Mark !

This "hood" is an typical NVA item.
    I received two of them last week and both of them are stamped inside but, sadly, the markings are washed-out ...

Regards,

R.

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast