Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soldatenfestspiele Badge

Article about: I recently acquired this Soldatenfestspiele Badge for the Wachregiment Feliks Dzierzynski, this was the Stasi Guard Regiment and protected government buildings and leaders in East Berlin. Aw

?

Default Soldatenfestspiele Badge

I recently acquired this Soldatenfestspiele Badge for the Wachregiment Feliks Dzierzynski, this was the Stasi Guard Regiment and protected government buildings and leaders in East Berlin.

Soldatenfestspiele BadgeSoldatenfestspiele Badge

Awarded for as one source put it "cultural arts" soldiers performed music, small plays, poems etc, etc. On the reverse are the words, KUNST IST WAFFE which I've been told translates to, Art is a Weapon.

Awarded 1960(?) through 1990 there were eventually three variants of this badge awarded in bronze, silver and gold. And also came in small, pinback or large, worn on a neck ribbon. Mine is a large second variant and is missing it's ribbon.

Going by my example, a second large variant the differences are relatively small.

1, Closed tunic collar with the wording "Des MfS" being located underneath the soldier on the left side of badge.

2, (pictured) Again closed tunic collar but on this variant the words "Des MfS has been moved to the right of the Lyra on the right side. This one also has a U shaped metal piece attached directly to the award for the ribbon.

3, This variant will have a open collar tunic and instead of the U shaped ribbon hanger attached just had a hole punched through with a metal ring attached for the ribbon.

Now to find a ribbon.
    Last edited by Hagen; 07-28-2013 at 05:41 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldatenfestspiele Badge
    P
    Many