Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

stahlhelm m56

Article about: my latest pickup, ive been after one for some time ever since handling an example in the ddr museum berlin, this is the first model liner version ,this liner is more closer in design to the

Default stahlhelm m56

my latest pickup, ive been after one for some time ever since handling an example in the ddr museum berlin, this is the first model liner version ,this liner is more closer in design to the ww2 liners than the 2nd model liner with its huge foam pads ,the shell is dated august 1960 and has two owner's names penned onto the liner Michael k and another surname REGER ,the chin strap might be the latter type or maybe early but with the addition of the leather buckle protection one of which is missing , i just need to find a spare net to complete the look enjoy fellow nva collectors stahlhelm m56stahlhelm m56stahlhelm m56stahlhelm m56stahlhelm m56stahlhelm m56stahlhelm m56
    Regards James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement stahlhelm m56
    P
    Many

A fine example of an interesting helmet.

Love it James! not one that's in my junk pile make sure ya get this type of net as you will know already

edit
    Hey James I just scored a M stamped shell with a Y liner with a freebie traffic cover yesterday! from the seller I mentioned to you that has the plastic parade helmets

thank you douglas and Rene' im glad i managed to find one intact and i do wonder how it managed to survive without being retro fitted the later liner though ,perhaps taken out of circulation into private hands early on if this was the done thing ,nice score too rene' your pairing is superb i have one of these traffic duties covers and my seems to ping off quite easily ,perhaps a tad too small ,i havent used this seller just yet you mentioned as my eye caught this uk based seller example and so now im spent up again ,thanks for showing me the correct net ,to be honest i didnt know of an earlier variant so ive learnt something new ,cheers james
    Regards James

?

welcome to the "first model liner club"

thanks fabe of course you have a few of these can i ask what is your verdict on the chinstrap in your opinion ,is it matched to the liner or a latter addition it seems period to my untrained eye ,regards james
    Regards James

?

althou' it's the 2nd type strap (first type strap's middle part is same width /or even a little thinner/ as the two sides, and has no "triangle" leather support - see pic.), it does look period & matching to the liner with nice patina...
    size II is also good - you can actually put it on a dummy.
    when I bought 5 of these first type liner helmets from a same guy (it was 5 pack deal), only one of them was size II, the rest were size I (small) - I guess rare size, but also won't fit on an avrage sized dummy head.
    also only 2 of them has first type chin-straps, the rest were second type - I actually replaced one of them with a newer strap, since it was in a bad shape...

stahlhelm m56

and the 2 different chin-straps - top one is second type, bottom is first type:
    stahlhelm m56

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks fabe of course you have a few of these can i ask what is your verdict on the chinstrap in your opinion ,is it matched to the liner or a latter addition it seems period to my untrained eye ,regards james

many thanks fabe for your thoughts on the strap, i knew you would be the best person to ask you have a nice little nest egg there with five examples
    Regards James