Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Stamping in NVA enlisted cap?

Article about: Hello all! Yesterday I picked up a NVA enlisted cap for \\$10 at a flea market. I turned it over to find the sweatshield missing, and what appeared to be a red stamp on the inside, with what a

?

Default Re: Stamping in NVA enlisted cap?

I just now found another round stamp similar to the one in the middle behind the leather band, although I don't think that's of any significance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stamping in NVA enlisted cap?
    P
    Many

Hi Gassie, the cap will have no markings in it. The original NVA markings were impressed ino the plastic sweat sheild, which has been removed by the idiot who tried to turn it into a fake cap to fool the unwary.

With extreme care you could hold the cap in front of a steaming kettle: play the steam onto the cloth and this will help remove the imprint from the bogus Luftwaffe eagle.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Alright, thanks Ade. I'll try that later, so that I can get rid of the imprint. It's a shame that someone ruined a good cap to try to make a profit.

'The Love of Money is the Root of All Evil...'

A great shame that these modern items from both the NVA & BW get messed with when some "Turd" decides to con the public into believing it is from the TR period !
    Indeed like the BW most makers and other information are imprinted upon the plastic diamond on the inside of the cap, however I have seen "NVA" ink stamped on the inside of some DDR caps.....here is a TR period Luftwaffe peaked cap, it is made from a 1960's BW cap ! quite convincing, until handled ! (previously shown in BW section).
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images Stamping in NVA enlisted cap? 

......and this is the type of cap is was made from, a RARE BW Heer "PanzerAufklarung" (Panzer Reccon) 1960's cap, itself now worth much more than the fake Luftwaffe cap !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images Stamping in NVA enlisted cap? 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2