Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tank Helmet, winter issue.

Article about: Hi all I recently bought this tank helmet. I am unsure weather it is wartime pattern or early post war. I was sold it as wartime pattern but I am now unsure. It has no markings as I can see.

Default Tank Helmet, winter issue.

Hi all

I recently bought this tank helmet. I am unsure weather it is wartime pattern or early post war. I was sold it as wartime pattern but I am now unsure.
    It has no markings as I can see.

Here are some pictures:
    Tank Helmet, winter issue.Tank Helmet, winter issue.Tank Helmet, winter issue.Tank Helmet, winter issue.

Any advise would be appreciated.

thanks Liam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tank Helmet, winter issue.
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Tank Helmet, winter issue.

Looks like 1960s winter tanker helmet do me

Hi Liam, it is post war.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hey Liam on the backside of the helmet theres a flap that covers the operators neck, there should be a date stamped inside there in a white ink I believe, mine has a stamping in the corner of the flap with the date, they made these up into the 80's possibly 90's I think.

Garret

Hi All

Thanks for the replys.

Liam

hi liam heres mine although from soviet block country ,crossed swords indicate czech dated 1991 but identical to soviet design Tank Helmet, winter issue.Tank Helmet, winter issue.Tank Helmet, winter issue.Tank Helmet, winter issue.

Default Re: Tank Helmet, winter issue.

This looks nice, ... does yours (or anyone's) made from a 'canvas type' fabric heavily 'oiled' or waxed? I bought one of these about 10 years ago and it has been sitting in a box until recently when i dug it out and really took a look see. Lots of buttons and hidey-holes to store and cover things. the only markings I have in this is small white stampings under the neck flap: "1858" then under that "1980" then under that "Gr - 3" . Ialso found a faded handwritten name inside one of the earpieces - "Richter" with a number above that "224". It has almost a tan/grey heavy sheep's wool lining so it must have been a 'winter issue'. Given the name and year and winter stytle, I'm guessing it could be an East German tanker's helmet. I'm looking to purchase some Soviet issue goggle of the same time period, ... if anyone knows where I can pick a pair up, ... or ... anyone who has some for sale, please reply to this thread and I'll make contact with you.
    -TC

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Yours is certainly ex NVA issue.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade:
    What was the give-away that this was an NVA helmet? I'm assuming NVA meant North Vietnamese Army? This seems to be a winter issue helmet, ... in a tropical zone? Much appreciate your reply and how you came to offer it was an NVA helmet.
    -TC

Hi Tc, not that NVA, but the East German Army, the Nationale Volksarmee.

The size markings, Gr 3, are German.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast