Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is there an area on this site for E. German, E. German uniform questions?

Article about: I can't figure out if there's an area on this site for E. German items? I have this E. German uniform I'm trying to find out more about, any help appreciated, or point me in the right direct

Default Is there an area on this site for E. German, E. German uniform questions?

I can't figure out if there's an area on this site for E. German items? I have this E. German uniform I'm trying to find out more about, any help appreciated, or point me in the right direction?

Is there an area on this site for E. German, E. German uniform questions?

Or am I in the right place?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is there an area on this site for E. German, E. German uniform questions?
    P
    Many

Ok, maybe a mod can move this so I don't double post.

Thx René

Moved for you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thx Ade ;-)

Anyone have a clue as to what this is? It looks to be missing collar tabs? I looked up DDR shoulderboards and didn't see any with just two pips, one or three. It looks like these have always had two.

?

It looks to be a Leutenant Generals Tunic, 2 pips although the spacing between the two look wrong. And yes it is missing it's collar tabs. I'm a DDR medals guy but I did some looking around and found out a few things that may help.

An NVA General officers tunic will not have any size or date markings in them, they were tailor made. Also they will have 2 inside pockets not just one.

Tunics also have (but not always) other features not found on officers issue tunics, zig zag stiching under collar and metal grommets for shoulder board strings.

I hope this information helps you. As I said at the get go I'm not a uniform collector but if you like I can point you in the direction of some folks who are.

Mike