Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unidentified DDR pouch

Article about: Hi, Any info on this pouch? I put some flares canisters in it. Thank you. Luc

?

Default Unidentified DDR pouch

Hi,
    Any info on this pouch? 3 cylindrical pockets.
    I put some flares canisters in it.
    Thank you.
    Luc

Unidentified DDR pouchUnidentified DDR pouchUnidentified DDR pouchUnidentified DDR pouch
    Last edited by Narcis; 05-10-2018 at 06:26 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unidentified DDR pouch
    P
    Many

Not sure but as it is stamped MdI (Ministrium des Innern) for the Ministry of the Interior rather than NVA (Nationale Volksarmee) for National Peoples Army it could be purely non-military but the Grenztrueppen (Border Troops) came under the MdI as did the Stasi (Staatsicherheitsdienst) or State Security Service and VoPo (Volkspolizei) or Peoples Police so it could be anything. Hang on though as I am sure we have the answer here somewhere

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

RSW
    ?

A magazine pouch of some sort, perhaps?

Quote by RSW View Post
    A magazine pouch of some sort, perhaps?
    Very unlikely I feel with the pockets being cylindrical.

There isn't much indication of scale in the pics (apart from the spectacles) but from comparing the straps, buckles etc to the whole I guess the pockets are about 10 inches long with a 2 inch diameter?

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Hi,
    Pockets are 26 cm long and have a diameter of 5,5 cm.
    I was told years ago that it should be related to the AK/AKM assault guns or RPG (?)

Luc

Quote by Narcis View Post
    Hi,
    Pockets are 26 cm long and have a diameter of 5,5 cm.
    26cm =10.25 inch.
    5.5cm = 2.25 inch. So not a bad estimate eh?

Still don't know what it is but the colour suggests to me more police/para-military than mainstream armed forces which would of course include the Kampfgruppen.

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with AK series weapons but I suppose RPG is a possibility though I am leaning towards tech/signal kit.

Anyone have any ideas?

Regards

Mark

I understand that pouch is for signal flares. The bloke on the left is carrying a pouch the same as in the original post!..Unidentified DDR pouchUnidentified DDR pouch

Well done Gunny... mystery solved!

?

Nice Gunny.
    And Mark was also on the money, as we can see from the arm patches these guys are from the Kampfgruppen der Arbeiterklasse.

Regards, Rik

?

Thank you so much for this comments and pictures.
    Now I know. Big flares!
    Cheers,
    Luc