Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Volkskontrolle DDR

Article about: I have this Volkskontrolle Medal in bronze and cannot really find a satisfactory meaning as to the criteria to be met to receive this award. So if anyone can help me it would be appreciated.

?

Default Volkskontrolle DDR

I have this Volkskontrolle Medal in bronze and cannot really find a satisfactory meaning as to the criteria to be met to receive this award. So if anyone can help me it would be appreciated. Thanks
    Volkskontrolle DDRVolkskontrolle DDR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volkskontrolle DDR
    P
    Many

Does this help?... "The Medal of Merit for popular control of the German Democratic Republic was a state award from the German Democratic Republic (GDR), which on 12 February 1973, a level still below the name badge of honor was founded in 1978 and then the new label medal was awarded. Their ceremony was held for many years exemplary work in the People's control of the GDR as well as excellent results in the control of the implementation of the decisions of the SED and the GDR government. Furthermore, for special personal achievements in the development of popular control."

Nice award BTW!...

?

Thanks Gunny! So not really as ominous as it sounds then, or maybe it is ?!?!

Some kind of bureaucratic award by the sound of it. Sorry if what i posted came across as a little garbled, it was translated from Wikipedia Germany!..

The Medaille für Volkskontrolle [Medal for Popular Control] was awarded for long-term exemplary work as well as particular individual successes in the Volkskontrolle and outstanding results in controlling the execution of the decisions made by the SED and the GDR's governement.

It was awarded to part-time and full-time personnel of the agencies of the Arbeiter-und-Bauern-Inspektion der DDR (ABI) [Worker- and Farmer Inspectorate of the GDR] and citizens who had participated in the inspectorates' work.

The ABI was subordinate both to the Ministerrat der DDR [Council of Ministers of the GDR] and the Zentralkomitte der SED [Central Committe of the GDR]. The mission of the ABI was to supervise and ensure the unconditional execution of all decisions and guidelines made by the SED and the GDR's governement, especially in economic and organizational matters.
    They were to optimize organization and leadership, combat unnecessary bureaucratic hurdles and guarantee the compliance with production schedules/contingents.
    To this end, the ABI had some 280,000 part-time/volunteer controllers distributed througout co-operatives, combinates, factories, ministries and administrative bodies who supervised the other personnel and were even empowered (at least in theory) to order disciplinary measures.

The medal came with a monetary award of 200 Mark for the bronze and 500 Mark each for the silver and gold grades. Every year, up to 3,500 bronze, 1,000 silver and 500 gold medals could be awarded.

Sources:

Medaille f
    Arbeiter-und-Bauern-Inspektion