Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Volkspolizei Riot shield

Article about: As a nice follow up to my riot helmet I thought I would post my new East German riot shield. One of the largest pieces in my collection now. Has been in storage for a while evident by the la

?

Default Volkspolizei Riot shield

As a nice follow up to my riot helmet I thought I would post my new East German riot shield.

One of the largest pieces in my collection now. Has been in storage for a while evident by the large amount of dust present. It’s quite lightweight. Dimensions are 75/86cm high and 47.5cm wide

Not much in the way of markings. Designed for use on the left arm and there is also a rubber clasp to hold a truncheon (unfortunately not present).

The only downside is having the room to display the shield! Maybe one day I will make a mannequin.

Hopefully you guys enjoy, Not everyday a riot shield gets posted!

Volkspolizei Riot shieldVolkspolizei Riot shieldVolkspolizei Riot shieldVolkspolizei Riot shieldVolkspolizei Riot shieldVolkspolizei Riot shield

Here is a German museum listing of the same riot shield
    Inventar-Nr. 15807

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volkspolizei Riot shield
    P
    Many

It's certainly looks different... and much cruder than the ones we used in Northern Ireland. You might be glad of that if the lock down continues towards Christmas! Thanks for showing.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Yeah it is quite poorly made. But if I want to be proper kitted out with shield and helmet I still need a truncheon!

I wonder if those two clips on the side were to enable it to be attached to a vehicle door when it was open?

?

The museum link says it was for the truncheon but they could be wrong. I am not sure