Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunic

Article about: Dear all, I want to show you this tunic of a major of the Wachregiment "Feliks Dzierzynski". According to the stamps the tunic was made in the beginning of 1986 (Thank you Ade for

Default Wachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunic

Dear all,

I want to show you this tunic of a major of the Wachregiment "Feliks Dzierzynski". According to the stamps the tunic was made in the first quarter of 1986 ="P/1" (Thank you Ade for your thread), according to my sources the number "1850" marks the producer "VEB Burger Bekleidungswerke, Werk Halle" and "m 52 -0" marks the tunics sicze. The photos are not the best (I will show some better after the arrival of the tunic), but I think the photos are okay concerning the cuff title and the collar patches. May I ask you about the authenticity of this tunic with these insignias please? Any statements possible?

The guards regiment "Feliks Dzierzynski" was the branch of the MfS (Ministerium fuer Staatssicherheit, so-called "Stasi", secret service of the former DDR) with military, inner control and ceremonial tasks. The regiment guarded the estates of the "top brass" of the politicians of the DDR too.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Wachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunicWachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunicWachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunicWachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunicWachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunicWachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunic
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunic
    P
    Many

?

That is a very nice tunic and in great condition.
    To me the tunic and insignia look original. The "waffenfarbe" is also correct for a Stasi uniform.
    I would like to see the pictures when you have received the tunic. I'm still looking for a DDR tunic myself and seeing yours makes me want to look for a Stasi one too.

Regards, Rik

Everything is correct, cufftitle and collar tabs have the correct attachment. Medal bar is also correct, there are a lot of fake DDR medal bars going around at the moment because you can just slot them together. Nice tunic which can be found at a very cheap price.
    Morris

Great jacket and Stasi are very collectible and are getting pricey! not one I have in the junk pile.
    Also you have a good size. Best I can do for a comparison! Staff boards
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-22-2017 at 10:12 AM. Reason: added picture

Dear Rik, Dear Morris, Dear René,

Please apologize my late answer!

Thank you very much for your kind evaluations and information! Dear Hagen, thank you for your like too. The tunic is on the way to me. I think I have found a new field of collecting for me now and a new passion of mine which is not so expensive. Even more the NVA uniforms had preserved a rather "Prussian character".

In my youth I dreamed of getting such a typical NVA helmet but they were inaccessible like the moon. Suddenly the wall had been fallen and after the reunification of Germany had took place helmets and unifoms were accessible in great numbers. I was already a student and I didnt' collect at this time any longer but nevertheless amongst others I got an helmet and a tunic of the "Grenztruppen". That was all. Now I had the idea to complete the tunic of the Grenztruppen and I see the situation has changed. Even copies are made. Maybe it's a little like the 70s and 80s with items of the Wehrmacht. But today there is this fine forum with comrades with a lot of knowledge they are sharing: Thank you so much!

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

I see no red flags here. Looks to be all in order.
    You are correct that DDR militaria is now growing in importance to the collecting world.

We all knew it would!!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

A lovely tunic, and yes they are going up in price. The dark-collared tunics are getting much harder to find these days, this is my example for a signals officer.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Wachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunicWachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunicWachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunic

Dear all,

some more pics after the tunic arrived. And thank you very much for all your comments and likes.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Wachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunicWachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunicWachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunicWachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunicWachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunicWachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunicWachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunic

Maybe someone knows about the meaning of this small pocket inside the hip pocket?
    Wachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunicWachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunicWachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunicWachregiment „Feliks Dzierzynski“, officers tunic

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    I see no red flags here. Looks to be all in order.
    You are correct that DDR militaria is now growing in importance to the collecting world.

We all knew it would!!

Regards

Mark
    Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for your evaluation. At the moment it's still like the "land of milk and honey" because you can get a lot of very interesting items including documents etc. for relative moderate prices.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    A lovely tunic, and yes they are going up in price. The dark-collared tunics are getting much harder to find these days, this is my example for a signals officer.

Cheers,
    Steve.
    Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for your evaluation and the pics of your very nice tunic.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast