Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What 1€ can get you...

Article about: Just for one euro, I got all this. Common items, but such an amount of stuff almost never goes for as low as 1€. I got lucky! Just comes to show how affordable it can be to start a DDR colle

Default What 1€ can get you...

Just for one euro, I got all this. Common items, but such an amount of stuff almost never goes for as low as 1€. I got lucky! Just comes to show how affordable it can be to start/expand a DDR collection

What 1€ can get you...

-Joel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What 1€ can get you...
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

GDR and Warsaw Pact items will only increases in value as supplies dry up.
    Nice find.

?

What a great find!

?

Looks like an excellent box of Goodies!
    Great job getting that for a Euro!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Well Done!

Mart

Quote by CBH View Post
    Nice find.
    Very true, I've noticed that with some items. Surplus stores are running out of DDR stuff and it's all in individual hands now. Who knows where prices will be in 10 years?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Looks like an excellent box of Goodies!
    Great job getting that for a Euro!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Indeed it is, the earlier version state sports badge in particular is a nice find there!

-Joel

Quote by CBH View Post
    Nice find.
    The earlier items are already climbing in price. Its a shame that they do not generate much interest on this forum... Amazing what the inclusion of a swastika can do to catch someone's eye.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    The earlier items are already climbing in price. Its a shame that they do not generate much interest on this forum... Amazing what the inclusion of a swastika can do to catch someone's eye.
    I agree, it is a pity that there isn't as much interest in DDR militaria...but as I've said before, the historical events are totally different and arguably, Nazi Germany is a much more phenomenal, influential and colorful area of study than East Germany. Not to mention it generally is more aesthetically appealing. So I can't really blame people for having this preference. I've also heard that collector communities are more fragmented nowadays, with many different DDR forums/groups existing in places like Facebook and elsewhere.

-Joel