Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wilhelm Adam

Article about: I follow an East German collecting group on facebook, and they just put this biography up. I thought it was pretty interesting, he served in 3 German Armies, won the Iron Cross 4 times and t

Default Wilhelm Adam

I follow an East German collecting group on facebook, and they just put this biography up. I thought it was pretty interesting, he served in 3 German Armies, won the Iron Cross 4 times and the Knights Cross.

Wilhelm Adam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wilhelm Adam
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Wilhelm Adam

More RK and DKiG winners who served in the NVA

1. NVA Generalmajor (a.D.)/Wehrmacht Oberst Wilhelm Adam. Knight’s Cross: 17 December 1942, Oberst, Adjutant of the 6th Army.
    2. NVA Generalmajor/Wehrmacht Generalmajor Dr. rer. pol. Otto Korfes. Knight’s Cross: 22 January 1943, Generalmajor, Commander of the 295th Infantry Division.
    3. NVA Generalleutnant/Wehrmacht Generalleutnant Vincenz Müller. Knight’s Cross: 7 April 1944, Generalleutnant, Deputy Leader of the XXVII Army Corps.

German Cross in Gold holders who became Generals/Admirals in the NVA:

1. NVA Generalmajor/Wehrmacht Generalleutnant Rudolf Bamler. German Cross in Gold: 12 March 1942, Oberst i.G., Chief of the General Staff of the XXXXVII Army Corps (mot.).
    2. NVA Generalmajor/Wehrmacht Major Bernhard Bechler. German Cross in Gold: 28 January 1943, Major, Commander of the I./Grenadier Regiment 29 (mot.) of the 3rd Infantry Division (mot.).
    3. NVA Generalmajor/Wehrmacht Generalmajor Dr. rer. pol. Otto Korfes. German Cross in Gold: 11 January 1942, Oberst, Commander of Infantry Regiment 518 of the 295th Infantry Division.
    4. NVA Generalmajor/Wehrmacht Generalleutnant Arno von Lenski. German Cross in Gold: 21 January 1943, Generalmajor, Commander of the 24th Panzer Division.
    5. NVA Generalleutnant/Wehrmacht Generalleutnant Vincenz Müller. German Cross in Gold: 26 January 1942, Oberst i.G., Chief of the General Staff of the 17th Army.
    6. NVA Generalmajor/Wehrmacht Generalmajor Hans Wulz. German Cross in Gold: 25 January 1943, Generalmajor, Artillery Commander (Arko) 144.

Cool list Mike, thanks for adding

?

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    Cool list Mike, thanks for adding
    My pleasure Paul. And if you're interested in reading more on the NVA you may want to get The East German Army by Thomas M Forster.
    Wilhelm Adam
    Wilhelm Adam
    It's about the only book on the subject I could find, in English anyway. A copy is rather pricey but I originally got a copy through my library.

I then found the pictured copy on amazon secondary market for about 20 bucks.

Edit; Forgot to mention the copyright of the book is 1967 so needless to say it's far from a complete history.

That looks like a good book, I like them with the period pictures better than a new one with old pictures. I'll have to keep an eye out.