Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

You got to Love Halloween

Article about: Just picked this up last week at Value Village ( a charity shop ) in the Halloween section . I already have one but I couldn't resist for 3.99 ! To fellow Canadians check out the Halloween s

CBH
    ?

Default You got to Love Halloween

Just picked this up last week at Value Village ( a charity shop ) in the Halloween section . I already have one but I couldn't resist for 3.99 ! To fellow Canadians check out the Halloween section in VV you might find something good .
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture You got to Love Halloween   You got to Love Halloween  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement You got to Love Halloween
    P
    Many

I can imagine the scary East Germans showing up a my door, asking trick or "workers Paradise"

Great find Chris at an even greater price ! Looks to be unissued............a minter !
    Prost ! Steve.

$3.99 wow what a bargain!...

Down here in the States we have thrift shops like St Vincent de Paul, Goodwill, The Red Shield and more. Halloween is Always a Great time to find old uniforms that imbecile families find in the attic and throw away to the resale shops(IF we're Lucky....many of them end up in the trash cans on the curbs). I've found far too many WWII uniforms and caps to count in such shops during this time of year. Sad to think, many of them end up being worn by stupid Kids as "funny costumes" and then get tossed. You'll see them with theater produced patches, insignia and who knows all what else. Sometimes Sterling silver rank badges and everything. So, by All Means-go out to the resale shops and see what's been donated and is on the "costume rack" for 2 bucks! Sometimes, you can be amazed! In the 60's, I remember seeing German uniforms(Not so much Today,unfortunately, but you never know what the families found in Grampa's attic when they cleaned it out! Once in awhile, you could luck out and find something that came from a family who had the bright notion of "We should drop this off at the Goodwill! Maybe some kid would like it for a Halloween costume!".
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

CBH
    ?

There is another thrift store near by and they get stuff mostly from the Eastern US , I've found some nice US items there over the years , no German WWII yet . But it's is all about the hunt , never know what you might find . Good luck everyone in your Hunts . And Happy Halloween Everyone !

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Down here in the States we have thrift shops like St Vincent de Paul, Goodwill, The Red Shield and more. Halloween is Always a Great time to find old uniforms that imbecile families find in the attic and throw away to the resale shops(IF we're Lucky....many of them end up in the trash cans on the curbs). I've found far too many WWII uniforms and caps to count in such shops during this time of year. Sad to think, many of them end up being worn by stupid Kids as "funny costumes" and then get tossed. You'll see them with theater produced patches, insignia and who knows all what else. Sometimes Sterling silver rank badges and everything. So, by All Means-go out to the resale shops and see what's been donated and is on the "costume rack" for 2 bucks! Sometimes, you can be amazed! In the 60's, I remember seeing German uniforms(Not so much Today,unfortunately, but you never know what the families found in Grampa's attic when they cleaned it out! Once in awhile, you could luck out and find something that came from a family who had the bright notion of "We should drop this off at the Goodwill! Maybe some kid would like it for a Halloween costume!".
    Imagine the families surprise if they found out that instead of being some kids Halloween costume, it instead purchased by an adult who keeps it in his basement, never to see the light of day, for the rest of eternity

"Imagine the families surprise if they found out that instead of being some kids Halloween costume, it instead purchased by an adult who keeps it in his basement, never to see the light of day, for the rest of eternity"

Or...get's resold for decent money by said adult....lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."