MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Czech Helmets with covers.

Article about: Hi Fellow collectors, here are examples of my Czech helmets with period covers. The first example is the Vz -53 1st model with the Vz-60 Jehlicí pattern hood attached, second the Vz-53 3rd m

?

Default Czech Helmets with covers.

Hi Fellow collectors, here are examples of my Czech helmets with period covers. The first example is the Vz -53 1st model with the Vz-60 Jehlicí pattern hood attached, second the Vz-53 3rd model with a Vz-85 Parka hood attached. I would value your opinions or comments

I can only say that i like them!....

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I can only say that i like them!....

Thanks mate just liking them is enough for me, I am glad you like them and thanks for looking , kind regards

very nice pairing gary ,the vz's bare shells have a lovely issued look about them and the covers look great too ,so best of both worlds which ever way you decide to display them now is the 3rd model you show brought back from the middle east ,it has that look about it cheers james
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    very nice pairing gary ,the vz's bare shells have a lovely issued look about them and the covers look great too ,so best of both worlds which ever way you decide to display them now is the 3rd model you show brought back from the middle east ,it has that look about it cheers james
    Hi James,many thanks for looking and for your kind words. I believe the 3rd Model must have been used in some sort of Desert environment due to the colour of the re-paint, whether it was used by Czech forces I can not say,but I would like to think it was used by Czech forces during the Gulf War!

Something I forgot to query in my initial post was what the stamped number in the inside rear of the shells relate to, I assumed the 1st model with 92 could not relate to a size, whereas the 3rd model with 55 stamped is more feasible as a size if in cm.I wonder if anyone could shed some light on this aspect?

Stamped numbers aside,these helmets do represent value for money and the style of helmets worn by Cold war forces. I would suggest that all collectors should have some in their collections

now that is an interesting question and truth be told not one ive ever thought of before ,my belief was the crossed swords ink stamp was the year of issue but didnt even realise there was a stamped number too ,ill have to go czech my examples and get back to you
    Regards James

?

now that is an interesting question and truth be told not one ive ever thought of before ,my belief was the crossed swords ink stamp was the year of issue but didnt even realise there was a stamped number too ,ill have to go czech my examples and get back to you
    Thanks mate, that would be useful, I did not really think about this before until I photographed the pair for this thread

hi gary ,well im afraid im still in the dark ,i realised my first vz 53 was a reworked soviet model 40 ,it retains all its former soviet shell stampings but no czech stampings apart from the crossed swords ,and my second example much like yours was believed to have been an export version to middle east ,the liner is missing and any stamps are illegible due to the poor condition of the inner shell
    Regards James

?

hi gary ,well im afraid im still in the dark ,i realised my first vz 53 was a reworked soviet model 40 ,it retains all its former soviet shell stampings but no czech stampings apart from the crossed swords ,and my second example much like yours was believed to have been an export version to middle east ,the liner is missing and any stamps are illegible due to the poor condition of the inner shell
    That's ok mate, I wondered if you knew but hopefully someone here might be able to add some information on the shell stamps

.: World War Helmets - Casque Vz 53 :.
    Some pretty good info here but you need a translator!...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast