Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DDR Helmet Owner Identify

Article about: Hi! I've had this M56 in my collection now for almost a year. It's dated to the 11th of februar 1970 and i've always liked how well named it is. The soldiers name seems to be: Fabian Büling

?

Default DDR Helmet Owner Identify

Hi! I've had this M56 in my collection now for almost a year. It's dated to the 11th of februar 1970 and i've always liked how well named it is. The soldiers name seems to be: Fabian Büling and I wonder how big chance it is to see how many in the East German army that was named "Fabian Büling" and maybe trace it to it's original owner. Does anyone here know where I should start look?

Thanks Al

DDR Helmet Owner IdentifyDDR Helmet Owner IdentifyDDR Helmet Owner IdentifyDDR Helmet Owner IdentifyDDR Helmet Owner Identify

sorry al i cant help out on finding the owner ,you have a very nice example and a bonus its was signed by the wearer ,going off the photographs the shell looks to be the second pattern due to the lack of external rivits ,your liner looks to have the second variant with the comfier crown compression cup but the front and rear foam padding look to have been removed ,i wish you well in finding the original owner i will watch this thread for any developments ,thanks james