Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help Identification

Article about: Hi gents, I'm a collector and I have a big problem regarding the identification of this trousers of the People's army of Hungary…. someone can give me kindly more information on this pants.

?

Default Help Identification

Hi gents,

I'm a collector and I have a big problem regarding the identification of this trousers of the People's army of Hungary…. someone can give me kindly more information on this pants.
    For example the period was used, the regiment and the technical features!

Thanks a lot,

Best regards

Help IdentificationHelp IdentificationHelp Identification

I suggest you take a look at this thread as it may be of some help to you Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990
    All i can say about the trousers is they look like they are from an officers dress uniform, the way they are buttoned at the ankle and quite tight around the lower leg suggest they were worn with high boots!..

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I suggest you take a look at this thread as it may be of some help to you Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990
    All i can say about the trousers is they look like they are from an officers dress uniform, the way they are buttoned at the ankle and quite tight around the lower leg suggest they were worn with high boots!..
    I agree that these look like officers trousers and they are certainly cut in the style of breeches. Because of this they are almost certainly part of a uniform worn with ""riding" boots. The only other way trousers of this style are worn as far as I am aware is with long putees but that practice mostly died out after WWI and in some armies continued to WWII but I not sure of any after that.

Please let us know if you do identify them correctly.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thanks a lot for your help, but at the end I found nothing….