Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990

Article about: It's the same cotton-filled material which the Red Army introduced in WW2 (Telogreika), which was excellent against the cold - and possibly was more fire-poof... QUOTE=Scout;937204]Nice find

?

More great additions Fabe, I particularly like the oak leaf back pack, that is a very nice piece indeed. I look forward to seeing more of your own pictures in reference to this piece

great additions fabe ,i too am fond of the oak leaf camo is the ushanka simulated fur like the soviets,thanks james

?

THX Guys - will go nicely with my 'oak-leaf' "jumpsuit" - these were used by paratroops, but mostly by Hungarian Workers' Militia (Munkásőrség) - see the additional archive photo from an official uniform rules & regulations book from the 1960s-70s - hence an old man (these guys were basically factory workers during "day time")

These "oak leaf" stuff is very rare - after the regime change (1989), these camo clothes were taken home by the owners, and were used for house work painting, gardening, etc. - so most of them are gone...I was lucky enough to find a complete suit last year.

Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990

"Oak leaf" camo jump-suit (this version was sewed together upper part + pants) was also used by police special forces in the 1980s - see these pics (very sorry to say, NOT my collection, however - I do have the M65 boots, belt + pistol holder, black AK ammo holder (used by police and workers' militia), the M87 police beret hat, and parts of an AMD 65 machine gun):

Another archive page from an old uniform rules&reg. book - I belive a paratroopers officer:

Cheers,
    Fabe

klaarg
    ?

Default Possibly a Hungarian greatcoat?

Hello all. I am new to this forum and have only ever just browsed through reading posts until today. It occurred to me that maybe one of you might be able to tell me something about this coat. I have owned it for at least 12 years, but maybe longer, as I started collecting in the late 1990s. It has spent that whole time in either a garment bag or a dry cleaning bag. I recalled at the time I got it, it was described as a Hungarian Officer's Greatcoat and it was inferred that it was from the cold war period, but I have not been able to find it anywhere in my online research. For all I know, it could be a from somewhere else, but the manufacturer shows up as being in Hungary. From reading your forums I have gleaned that the manufacturer, Szegedi Ruhagyár, went out of business in 2004. If this is not from the cold war period, I apologize for my intrusion. Thank you for any help you can offer and you have a great forum here. I have spent hours reading and pouring over the history that this place oozes with.

?

Hi - is the maker is "SZEGED RUHAGYÁR", it has a good shot to be pre 1990. (Unfortunately, I'm no expert on uniforms)
    If it had stars on the shoulder apul. - I could tell right away - for pre 1990 stars had 5 - post stars had 6 branches.

Btw., I would keep that - nice coat...

Cheers,
    Fabe

cold war star:

post cold war (to present) star:

klaarg
    ?

Quote by Fabe View Post
    Hi - is the maker is "SZEGED RUHAGYÁR", it has a good shot to be pre 1990. (Unfortunately, I'm no expert on uniforms)
    If it had stars on the shoulder apul. - I could tell right away - for pre 1990 stars had 5 - post stars had 6 branches.

Btw., I would keep that - nice coat...

Cheers,
    Fabe
    Thanks for the info. I am not sure this was was ever issued. It has some colored thread about belt high in two seams on the front and on the rear that looks like "temporary thread" from labels or something. Also, the shoulders are pristine, with no markings, pin holes or attachments of any kind. It is a very nice coat and my intention has been to keep all of them, once I get one. Usually, the goal has been to get one and keep it until I find a better version or find one that actually falls in my size range. The goal of some of us is to actually be able to wear a part of history, if possible. I have been very lucky in that regard, as many of my coats actually fit me at the time I purchased them, so I could at least, try them on. Some of my daily wear coats have been actual military coats from Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia or one of any number of other countries. You can't see it in the photos, but just to the right of that coat is a double pole clothing rack from a department store, completely full of long military coats and some military jackets. My oldest is from WWI and I have some that are from WWII. Many are from the period after that and most of them were coats that were in my size range, at the time of purchase.

?

some recent pick-ups:

Hungarian Kgk-Gorjunov machine gun spare barrel holder with same rare "oak-leaf" camo as in post #170:

my 3rd. M70 Hungarian helmet:
    Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990

my very first cold war bayonet - Hungarian M48 Nagant
    "Approximately 220,000 rifles were manufactured 1950–53 by Femaru es Szerszamgépgyár NV or F.É.G. (Hardware and Machine Tools L.L.C.), making these bayonets somewhat scarce. The post-war Hungarian bayonets exhibit notably better workmanship than their Russian cousins and and a blued finish."
    It was 16 EU - I'll getting more of these when I see them:
    Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990

cheers,
    Fabe

very nice additions fabe ,the m70 looks a superb example ,i was always led to believe these were plastic coated yet yours seems painted like a soviet shelm ,thanks for sharing

?

THX James! I actually misscounted...this is my 4th one!

I have 2 other (both matt finish) - I put a 3 color M87 camo helmet cover on one, and a 4 color woodland (current Hungarian camo) M90 (or is it M93?) camo helmet cover on the other. My third 70M is plastic coated - that had the "Traffic Controller" decal on it. I belive that the early ones in the 1970s had the plastic coat and the later ones (1980s) have the matt finish.

I think I will open a thread in the coming days - for M50 and M70 helmets...

good stuff fabe its easy to lose count of these helmets ,if given the choice i would prefer the matt finish example you show ,most of the plasticoated helmets ive seen show signs of peeling which is most unpleasing to the eyes and the reason i havent added one to my collection yet,ill look forward to your dedicated thread on these helmets ,thanks james

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast